jerry dunlap and his 2nd gen kneeler "video"

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

socco72

jerry dunlap and his 2nd gen kneeler with .21 os and m440 octura prop. "watch this video"

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Socco,

Good to see how you people out there keep ice off your lakes. :lol:

Jerry you have that puppy buzzing really nice! I don't see a driver figure though, and using locked throttles in the turns is against outboard rules! :p I demand a DQ!

Looks good, and fast. Yall get any speed measurements? I guess I need to put in for a set of those plans! Mike

Looks good, and fast. Yall get any speed measurements? I guess I need to put in for a set of those plans! Mike
Are plans available for these yet ? If so, when and how can I send for some ?

http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?showtopic=30486

Bill Blackwell is the actual designer. Search that thread, and his website is on there, just look for the plans on there. They are for sale!
Although similar looking, my new boat incorporates some things Bill did and a couple of things I wanted to try. At this time, doing a new set of plans isn't something I'm considering. I would suggest considering Bill's plans since I "borrowed" most of the changes I made from Bill.

JD

As Dustin's videos show, Jerry's new design is very fast. And stable too! It was especially quick through the corners. While Jerry may have borrowed a couple of ideas, they are things Jerry would naturally revise anyway, like a deeper picklefork and a slightly narrower bottom. He has also incorporated a couple of other things that my design doesn't have.

My site is www.blackwellracingboats.com I've got plans available of my design for those that are interested.

My only problem now is finding the foam for the next boat. I went to the Home Depot and Lowes in my town and neither one carries the pink or blue foam any more. The guys at the pond yesterday said that they could still get it there.

As far as Jerry's new boat, I was impressed. It was really quick.

Jim had his red K&B powered JD Kneeler running pretty darn fast too.

BRB

i totally agree about the foam, all around here keep telling me you can get it there and i have not been able to find any!

I hope they still have foam here. That would not be to cool if they didnt! I guess I will get Bill's plans soon, but I need to finish my new project first. The first 1/4 scale "Capsule Hydro" will be rockin my tiny pond in a month or so. I think it will be an acquired taste for this boat tho! Lord...How many boats will I have when I get older. JD, how many do you have???? lol

100_3208Medium.jpg

1100_H_2154Medium.jpg

capsulehydroMedium.jpg

I hope they still have foam here. That would not be to cool if they didnt! I guess I will get Bill's plans soon, but I need to finish my new project first. The first 1/4 scale "Capsule Hydro" will be rockin my tiny pond in a month or so. I think it will be an acquired taste for this boat tho! Lord...How many boats will I have when I get older. JD, how many do you have???? lol
100_3208Medium.jpg

1100_H_2154Medium.jpg

capsulehydroMedium.jpg
Spoonfcrx, great job on the drawings of the Top Hydro Capsule boats. I know everyone of the owners of the boats in the pictures that you posted. I pit for a cople of them and they pit for me. :D Keep us posted on your progress with them.

Hydro, that is awesome! I am going to paint mine like that Dupont boat. If you ever get the chance, get me some closeups!

Hydro, that is awesome! I am going to paint mine like that Dupont boat. If you ever get the chance, get me some closeups!
The G56 Dupont boat is Mark Gryskiewicz. He lives about 2 hours south of me. I will be seing his dad soon., and will see about some close up pictures for you.

Thanks to both of you guys! I just saw a pic of the Dupont boat a little closer. I will definately be doing mine up like that. Wish I lived near that kind of racing! To cool.

Lol, I just saw a picture in the vintage boats of a boat that looked like the Prather Lap Cat! haha

Thanks to both of you guys! I just saw a pic of the Dupont boat a little closer. I will definately be doing mine up like that. Wish I lived near that kind of racing! To cool.
Lol, I just saw a picture in the vintage boats of a boat that looked like the Prather Lap Cat! haha

The Title Series will be in Raleigh in October of '09......keep checking the website for

dates......I was there in '07 and is a beautiful site and an excellent place to watch a boat

race.

The boat pictured in the following site was built near Greensboro:

http://www.ustitleseries.org/profiles_detail.php?id=121

This boat is also featured on the home page of the Title Series website.

Here is site for MJR Composites:

http://www.mjrcomposites.com/

I will have to be on the lookout for that. If you see a date, and remember, send me a PM or email to [email protected]. I would absolutely love watching one of those races! Thanks, Mike

Here is another picture of G56. The center section (main deck) is painted white.

500_H_0619.jpg

Here is another picture of G56. The center section (main deck) is painted white.

Nice, I wonder if the underside of the boat is white as well.
If I remember correctly the bottom of the hull is just sealed in epoxy. Most of the full scale hydros are that way. Because we tend to flatten out the bottom with epoxy when they need it. So painting the bottom of the hull is a waste of paint and time.

Back