JD's 1/4 "Kneeler" with CMB 21 Redhead

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Dunlap

Supporting Member
I decided to see what would happen if I replaced the stock O.S. 21 OB on my 1/4 Scale "Kneeler." What happened was about 10 mph more speed. :D The boat will handle the extra power, but I definitely had to pay attention.

JD

Another shot.

Driver look's like he's not sure about it,, probably feelin' somethin' a little warm

in his lap :p

I decided to see what would happen if I replaced the stock O.S. 21 OB on my 1/4 Scale "Kneeler." What happened was about 10 mph more speed. :D The boat will handle the extra power, but I definitely had to pay attention.

JD

Another shot.
That is the coolest scale boat I have ever seen!

Hay JD been building the sponsons on mine when i hold the sponson top pattern on the sponson it is about

1/4in to wide it dose not let the stringer touch the rear former. :blink:

haveing a hard time understanding this also the bottom of the sponson is flat going forward for 5in and then begins a gradual taper in to the stringer at the front of the sponson

can you give me a little more help please with pictures or sketch

could not wait any longer had to start this build ;)

your eager student

Marty

Hay JD been building the sponsons on mine when i hold the sponson top pattern on the sponson it is about

1/4in to wide it dose not let the stringer touch the rear former. :blink:

Use the outside edge of the sponson top pattern to draw the shape of the sponson. Just mark the front sponson width and rear sponson width on the foam and set the pattern on the marks

haveing a hard time understanding this also the bottom of the sponson is flat going forward for 5in and then begins a gradual taper in to the stringer at the front of the sponson

The flat part of the sponson provides the "angle of attack" for the sponson.

can you give me a little more help please with pictures or sketch

could not wait any longer had to start this build ;)

your eager student

Marty

This is a cool boat. The closest I have ever seen to the "real" kneeldown hydros we race. Who's plans are they and anre they availible?

JD

Another shot.

I decided to see what would happen if I replaced the stock O.S. 21 OB on my 1/4 Scale "Kneeler." What happened was about 10 mph more speed. :
Hello Jerry,

Can you explain what you replaced the stock O.S. 21 OB with?

Thanks,

Kezia

I'm building another "Kneeler." I have the center section and sponsons completed and coated with West Systems. I need to sand the parts and glue them together. Figured the best way to have another "Kneeler" to race against was to build it myself.

JD

Back