Japan's OS engines website???

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim,

Uh, no, sorry, I have a mind like a sive, I have forgotten! : :) I do remember it was good tho. I know a bloke who talks to the importer, I will ring him.

The new drums look quite different on these motors, they are very short. I don't know if they have resolved the problems tho. I think a correctly lubricated un-bushed drum should work fine. Although the K-90 drums have a small bearing at one end, they are effectively an un-bushed drum. But they paid attention to ensuring proper lubrication.

Ian.

Dale want's me to build a twin. Motor's and pipes are the big cost factor that's preventing me from doing it.

The problem with a twin is the cost of almost EVERYTHING is double. Two sets of props, tanks, flex couplings, flexes, struts, needle valves, etc. Having to buy two props everytime you want to try something is a killer!

More twins, bring it on!! 8)

I am in no hurry to do a twin, I have just built 2 X hydro's in a year! : :)

Ian.

heheheh props arnt to expansive ian!! try paying full price for them!

it will only cost you $4500 to build one!!

Mine doesnt owe me much less than that, and i dont pay for hulls!!

2 K90's at the time i brought them $2400

2 macs pipes and mufflers $320

2 hughey shafts $160

2 props and drive dogs $130

2 spare props $100

2 aeromarine drive collets, $60

hardware $450

steering servo $140

BB standard servos for throttle and mixture $55

fuel tanks $50

mixture valves $70

odd bits and pieces (pushrods etc) $250

so thats $4285 plus a hull which retails at about $800

so $5085

if the doller keeps going up things will get cheaper so i would count on $4500 at least to build one with the best bits!

Dale

BTW mine are on the House and contents insurance!!! and locked in a 3mm steel plate cabnet 7ft heigh and 5ft long and 4ft deep and weighs about 300kg!!

Dale

Hey Tim,

Are you getting all this? See, engines and pipes are only a bit over half the cost of the whole thing! 8)

And I thought my X hydro was expensive! :eek:

Hull and freight about $1050

A-90 about $800

Bolly pipe $125

Square drive $30

Flex $25

OS needle about $100

Steering servo $250

Mini throttle servo $80

Rudder blade about $90

Bits (pushrods, thrust bearings, battery packs, seals etc) $400

About $2950. Hmm, maybe a twin is not so bad after all!!!

Ian.

all you need is another motor/pipe/cable and you have a twin ian!! :) next boat after the 45 mono!!

Haha, not in that hull, it was a tight fit with one motor!

After the 45 mono, petrol mono, 21 multi and 67 hydro, all of which I have hulls, motors and pipes for (except the petrol) ..... When I look at it that way no wonder I don't seem to have much money! :eek:

Hmm, got too many boats. Anybody want a 67 Cobra? :p

Ian.

Latest posts

Back