Japan's OS engines website???

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

TomMoorehouse

I was wondering if there is a japanese OS engines website.... i'd like to see what engine line differences there are.

That is the site. There are a lot of things you can get through them with special connections in the JMPBA that you will never see in their catalogs.

Can you get the .46 VXST-M in the states?

It is designed to just scream with straight fuel.

Can you get O.S/Nelson stuff there? They have custom P/S in them.

Can you get the .21VZ-M? They are cake to get your hands on now. 37,000 yen. That is about 320 dollars. Comes with fly wheel, water jacket, and 4B carb. The shaft is not a pilot shaft. Still a lot of people that prefer the affordability of the RZ, though.

Hammer

i was trying to see if they had different stuff..... looks like it takes connections.

how is that 21VZ-M compared to a nova rossi?

Buy a nova rossi, I don't think there is much difference in price, so I would prefer to have the Rossy Piranha. That would be my preference, anyway.

By the way Tom, Do know anyone who produces a fiberglass gel-coated mono that is between 28-33 inches long for under $115. Looking to buy five. Want to make an in-shop RTR for all those SE-MX engines I have. Sell them in Japan. Any information will be appreciated

Hammerhead

Can you get the .46 VXST-M in the states?

It is designed to just scream with straight fuel.
Hammer,

Can you please tell me more about this motor for straight fuel? any pic's? front or rear exhaust? Drum rotor?

Thanks,

Tim.

Hello Hammerhead,

Regarding the OS 21 VZ-M or RZ-M you mentioned...

Does OS produce them in marine version? They are not listed on the OS website.

Regards,

SteinT

They are not on their production line up, but if you special order them you can get them.

Hammer

Tim,

That is the ideal layout for a gear drive! ;D I presume you are considering such a motor for the Pro-Am class? I dont remmember if the rules prohibited it, but it would probably not be much of an advantage considering the hull size. : :)

Ian.

Ian,

The rules do prohibit the gear drive. You must use the supplied engine mount. I asked the Prez of the AMPBA about running geardrive and he said no. I had the VX-M in mind if I could run gears.

Tim.

Tim,

I had some inkling that they might not be allowed. Having to use all the stock hardware is somewhat restrictive (I always use square drive on my boats for example) but I suppoose it keeps it fair. Rowan Geard was using a VX-M successfully the last time I saw his 45 AC, he was using a 180 degree header.

Ian.

Ian,

John Mclucas had one in a rigger that was pretty quick too. The 180 degree header is a pain tho.

I think a K45 would be interesting on 4:1.....

Tim.

Tim,

Considering OS and K&B are the only companies making rear exhaust 45's it limits the number of available headers! At a guess the K&B one would not fit the OS, so you are up for a genuine (expensive) part!

I think I heard that there is a version of the K-45 made for low nitro, it might be worth looking into.

I saw a new Rossi 45 in pieces on the weekend, it looked quite good, and was well priced. I also saw a Rossi 45 O/B, it comes with quite a neat tuned pipe which you can vary the length. And I saw a rossi 90, they have changed heaps since I had one!

Ian.

Ian,

Who is importing Rossi nowdays? the last Rossi 90 i saw the crankpin fell out of the crankshaft on it's first run ( they are pressed in pin's) and the rotor housings weren't bushed so they ate housings. The way the housing attached to the case looked pretty poor too.

I think I would want a needle roller crankshaft for a Pro-am boat.

Tim.

Tim,

I am not sure of the name of the bloke, he is over here and races the car motors a bit. He is thinking of joining the boat club, and bought along the engines to show people. His prices seemed to be quite good and he talks to the factory if he has any problems.

The 45 did not have a bushed drum, but the 90 did. Also the crankshaft is one piece now, the crankpin is not pressed in. This housing was bolted on quite securely, and the carb sealed to it with an O-ring and could be rotated to any angle. The carb is still twin needle with a steel barrel and radio adjustable main needle built on.

The rods in both motors were aluminium with bronze bushes, but there is a helical channel for oil flow thru the bush. Also the shape of the rods is like that used in most 21's, a knife edge type design. There is a groove in the face of the rod with a single oil hole, so there are no other oil holes to weaken it. I dont know how good they are in practice, but they looked quite good.

My biggest concern with the 90 was the piston still looked very thin, and the piston is what killed the one I used to have. The porting in the sleeve still looked exactly like the K-90... ;D

Ian.

Ian,

Can you shoot me the pricing? could be interesting.

The 45's are a fast motor but they have major reliabilty problems. I used to drive a boat for a guy with one in it. Very fast but forever needing work on the rotor housing / carb area.

Latest posts

Back