JAP/JAE Riggers, post your pics!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's see if I can upload a shot of it. I had the engine for sale a while back but no takers. Gary put a fresh rebuild on it before he shipped it to me and it hasn't been fired up since then.

lg-72178.jpg
These are the pictures from the october speedtrails. As you see Gary was running other sponsons then in november and the side of the pipe:

preusse5.jpg

preusse6.jpg

preusse8.jpg

preusse10.jpg

Great Pics Paul. That isnt his 11 boat though. That is Gary's 21 Hydro he called "Stick boat" He heat raced that boat for many years with regular hawk sponsons. He held the 21 SAW record with that boat for many years as well as the C hydro record. I think it was the First 20 hydro to run 90, although I remember his record being in the 89.? mph range. Simply amazing....Notice the AOA on the front sponsons! Like they are pointing strait up! Good stuff.

Larry Jr.

Great Pics Paul. That isnt his 11 boat though. That is Gary's 21 Hydro he called "Stick boat" He heat raced that boat for many years with regular hawk sponsons. He held the 21 SAW record with that boat for many years as well as the C hydro record. I think it was the First 20 hydro to run 90, although I remember his record being in the 89.? mph range. Simply amazing....Notice the AOA on the front sponsons! Like they are pointing strait up! Good stuff.

Larry Jr.
Oops, thought it was the same 12 hydro. Thanks for clearing it out. I did my internship in Nashville back then and visited the speedtrials twice, saw a lot of fast boats and met a lot of great people.

Simply amazing....Notice the AOA on the front sponsons! Like they are pointing strait up! Good stuff.

Larry Jr.
not only are the sponsons in a upward angle... but two different rear sponsons designs to boot. a very different boat...

solex227

1 nacho cheese rigger

OK, you wanted some shots so here are a few. Note that I got one of Glenn Quarles' air-cooled heads in today's mail!

Uz70036.jpg

Jg14204.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost there still need hardware.Made mini oil tank.

2009_10310170.JPG[attach2009_10310176.JPGment=15542:2009_10310174.JPG]

2009_10310174.JPG

Last edited:
hi,here again posting my pics of almost rtr 12 jap rigger.hoping the weather is nice this week end to try to run.i will be trying diffrent pipes combo,thanks again for looking....lil al

hi,here again posting my pics of almost rtr 12 jap rigger.hoping the weather is nice this week end to try to run.i will be trying diffrent pipes combo,thanks again for looking....lil al

Nice finish.. and the collars on the sponsons are nice.. may I ask where did you purchase those from ? :)

Al , your gonna be in trouble with the wife "AGAIN" for cleaning not counter off before you snapped the pics.

Last edited:
Almost there still need hardware.Made mini oil tank.

Very nice oiler!

View attachment 15541[attachView attachment 15543ment=15542:2009_10310174.JPG]
Thanks Ron,,, it's K&S brass tube, had to squish it oval"too tall" soldered to K&S shim stock .016 i think.Round was a little too tall glad it was the oval let's me pitch it up to fill and let air a bit better "looks cooler too". It really sucked when I dropped the stub in the tank. NOTE to self longer stub cut later.

Please can anyone tell me what size to drill the oiler hole. Never made an oiler before but the clamp looks like it would be an easy remote set up with a nipple to fuel line, then over to a tank.I am sure I'll build more, but they will be remote in bigger boats.This one was a challenge.

Dave, if you'd like to try a rotary carb on that engine, I might have one stashed away in the basement. I put a Nova Rossi .21 carb on the one that I have on my .12 mono that had the base turned down to fit. It really woke that little thing up!

No, that carb I'm not unloading but a stock Trinity/Picco/NR carb.

Man, it's your lucky night as I just found it! The surpise is that I found it in my mess, er, collection of parts. No, mess is more like it. :D The previous owner put some kind of silicone sealant around the banjo fitting but that shouldn't bother it at all. You should be able to scrape off the excess.

PM me your address and I'll get it in the mail to you.

Back