JAP builds

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeWScott

Ok it's been a while since the plans were released. Anyone making progress? I've got sponson's built & my tub about 50% done. This is a great build, straight lines minimal hardware. I've built many wood boats, but never from plans, it's been real enjoyable, thanks japperformance! I got a nova SS to put in her, can't wait!

joe

Ok it's been a while since the plans were released. Anyone making progress? I've got sponson's built & my tub about 50% done. This is a great build, straight lines minimal hardware. I've built many wood boats, but never from plans, it's been real enjoyable, thanks japperformance! I got a nova SS to put in her, can't wait! joe
I am also entering the final stages of building. Received my prop (Octura 1440) from Mark Sholund the other day and all I have to say is "WOW". That prop is a work of art, one of the nicest I've ever seen. Should hopefully be running in a week or two.

Rhett

Last edited by a moderator:
Aren't you the fella with a cottage on Lime Lake? If so are you visiting this summer? We'll have to get together & run some boats with Mark.

joe

Aren't you the fella with a cottage on Lime Lake? If so are you visiting this summer? We'll have to get together & run some boats with Mark.joe
Hey Joe,

Yes it is me, I'll be up there in a couple of weeks and also over the 4th. We'll have to get together for sure. I told Mark I would give him a call next time I was in town. I'll PM you when I'm going to be up there.

Rhett

I just started my JAP 12 build. I've got the templates complete and all cut out, and I've got the spoon sides all cut out. Probably be (2) more weeks before I've got enough built to eye ball the components and take some pictures before I epoxy the hull on the inside.

I've been photoing my build, when it's off and running I will post all my photos.

Raw tub.

2lse1wk.jpg

Just glued the bottoms on the sponsons.

2ekrza0.jpg

Sponsons with a little clean up on the blelt sander.

2guff51.jpg

Hey Joe

At the twin shootout in Atlanta this year, Ron Zaker Jr. had his Jap out for the first time. As with all Ron's boats it was meticulusly built. The boat ran very well. However he still had little reliability issues. I thought it would be great if you could see his finished boat, before you get much further. I've checked the pics from the Shootout on page four of the Race and Results page. You can see the boat in front of Ron, but you can't really see it well.

Mary Helwig from Dis. 3 took the pics at the race. I'll see if she has any better pics of Ron's boat.

See Ya Nitro Nub

Nitro, thanks, I'd like to see more pic's. Ron & I have talked about his boat, I'm building a 21 as well. It's coming together very nicely.

Joe your boat looks great! I used pink foam for my sponson cores as well. Keep em coming.

Joe

Hey Joe

Sorry I haven't been back with those pics.

We had a two day race here in Fl. this weekend that kept me very busy.

I spoke with Mary this weekend, and she said she did have more pics from Atlanta, but it looks like Ron has already seen this post and has offered his help. Your in good hands.

Nitro

Back