JAP .12 Video

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TCHedOff

Our club had a "speed run" today. My engine is still too tight to turn over on a 12v Sullivan HiTork starter unless the plug is loosened - but she ran an honest 42 on radar! :p Last yr 43 was the top speed, but everyone's .12's are running faster this yr..... ;)

My fastest run was when it ran lean as it was running out of fuel.... here's a link to the vid:

Last edited by a moderator:
Our club had a "speed run" today. My engine is still too tight to turn over on a 12v Sullivan HiTork starter unless the plug is loosened - but she ran an honest 42 on radar! :p Last yr 43 was the top speed, but everyone's .12's are running faster this yr..... ;)
My fastest run was when it ran lean as it was running out of fuel.... here's a link to the vid:

:rolleyes:

man you better pick up about 15 - 20 mph or better to catch me when i come to releve larry of the hardware in the land of thousands of lakes..lol

terry

Hey Todd, I think that ran great! Your mph will go up with a little more testing for sure. Nice to see you put the JAP into action!

Larry Jr.

Hey Todd, I think that ran great! Your mph will go up with a little more testing for sure. Nice to see you put the JAP into action!
Larry Jr.
looks good todd, is that conrad in that video??? standing there on the dock? if it is he needs a shave , haircut and some situps..lol musta been a long winter up there..lol

terry

Larry Jr.
looks good todd, is that conrad in that video??? standing there on the dock? if it is he needs a shave , haircut and some situps..lol musta been a long winter up there..lol

terry
Aren't you just the funny guy, I'm laid off I don't have to shave and you can't make me...as long as I'm not within arms reach of you anyway. :lol: My hair is shorter than it has been in years,and thinner too :( .And just for the record it still is winter in some parts of Minnesota, there is still snow on the ground and ice on some of the lakes up North.

Larry Jr.

terry
Yep that old grey guy w/the pot belly is Larry! :lol:

As for speed... I got contacted from certain engine guru stating the way we were radaring had to be wrong and that I was running a solid 50 when it leaned out (Busnell gun... as the boat was running away from the dock into turn 1 - Larry too said that isnt the right way to get an "accurate" speed - which seems in-line with what I've seen at Larry's test pond with the 45MPH road in the background)... but hey, all the .12's in our club are only a few mph apart.... and Dave Petrich's boat/Hydroracer's Lil Lightening & Tim's .12 were all a couple mph faster.

Really hope you can come up Terry - it'd would great to meet ya! As for smokin us.... I'd enjoy that too - its all good (tho I DONT think you'll be as fast as your keyboard speed! :lol: )

PS Thank you Larry Jr!

Larry Jr.

terry

As for speed... I got contacted from certain engine guru stating the way we were radaring had to be wrong and that I was running a solid 50 when it leaned out (Busnell gun... as the boat was running away from the dock into turn 1 - Larry too said that isnt the right way to get an "accurate" speed - which seems in-line with what I've seen at Larry's test pond with the 45MPH road in the background)... but hey, all the .12's in our club are only a few mph apart.... and Dave Petrich's boat/Hydroracer's Lil Lightening & Tim's .12 were all a couple mph faster.

Really hope you can come up Terry - it'd would great to meet ya! As for smokin us.... I'd enjoy that too - its all good (tho I DONT think you'll be as fast as your keyboard speed! :lol: )

PS Thank you Larry Jr!
The gray haired guy with the pot belly is Jeff Klinkerfues, in the black shirt. I'm the not so portly gray haired guy wearing the Octura shirt, and you're the frail little guy runnin' the boat :lol:

Larry Jr.

terry

PS Thank you Larry Jr!
ill be there and ill be bringing my harley too, so me and the "old man" can relive scenes from the movie "easy rider" ..lol and yes il be there to race too.. that is kinda becoming second in line now though... more on that later and yes ill be selling a few more boats off too.

terry

Larry Jr.

terry

PS Thank you Larry Jr!
ill be there and ill be bringing my harley too, so me and the "old man" can relive scenes from the movie "easy rider" ..lol and yes il be there to race too.. that is kinda becoming second in line now though... more on that later and yes ill be selling a few more boats off too.

terry
You shouldn't be so scared to drive North Terry, Your club has one race a year, our club has one a month, we get to play with our boats more often that way. :D Check the schedule at tcmbc.org

Hey Terry!!!!! I just picked up some speed w/o doing anything! :D

I just timed each run from bouy 6 to buoy 1 (330ft). My lowest run on that stretch (the 1st) is @6.95 sec. My fastest (the 3rd full stretch) is @4.41 sec!. Now, x 16 (to get 1 full mile)= 70.56 sec. There are 3600 sec in an hr, and 70.56 x 51MPH = 3598.56sec.... so it would seem the radar was off considerably <_< .... time it for yourself you'll come up with a speed close to this (even if your time is a few hundredths one way or the other). B)

The radar gun isn't off,it is the way it is being used by the guy holding the radar gun.. :wacko: http://www.stalkerradar.com/pdf/sport_manual.pdf

read this manual and it will clear up the radar questions....this manual has the radar correction chart for cosine error....... ;)

That Chart form Stalker is great information. I have always wondered about that. Thanks Rod.

Larry Jr.

BL

BLAH! BLAH! BLAH!...BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! You still don't have it right. :p :p :p :p :p

I told Todd that months ago :D . The radar gun that Jeff uses is so low in power that it won't even pick up a boat on the back straight, so shooting head on shots from the end off the pond is out of the question with his gun. It does show the effects of making changes to the boat, I'ts our test and tune day. This run is the first chance of the year for most club members to run their boats before the first race. :) If all Todd wants to do is see how fast his boat will go he could always strap it to the roof of his Fiero and make a high speed run on I35 :lol: .

Looks Great !!!

Hopefully Keyboard Kelly will atleast get his boat to launch this Year :)

Paul

Back