jae mini sprint elec

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve palgreene

Anyone have a jae mini sprint elec i just got one having hard time with putting the battery speed control in the radio box i have a small battery got the speed control from offshore 60a v3 one have not got it yet next week but looks like its going to be tight can anyone help me with this or maybe put a picture out here i have seen the way the zippkit boat looks like but i dont have that kind of speed control help. Steve

Steve,

I have a Mini Sprint as well. I ended up using a much smaller ESC. It's not water cooled, it's a Hobby king Blue 60 amp, pretty small and seems to be fine. With the room it leaves,I can get 5000mah 2s and 3s batteries in the tub. I haven't tried 3s yet, hopefully I'll try it today. The ice went out of our pond over the weekend. Most everyone on these forums says you don't need water cooling on these little boats. Just watch your temps and prop size. I run a 4400 kv motor on 2s with a 430 prop, and on 3s I'm going to use a 3500kv motor and start with a 427 prop. I'll try and post results with 3s tomorrow.

Bob

Hey Bob I just got a speed control from offshore 60a v3 find out today if it fix in there if not going to get the one you are talk about what one did you get i know its a 60amp but they have a few of them to pick from i run the 4400 kv to . Steve

Steve,

I made a mistake on my battery size, I'm running 2200 mah, not 5000 mah. As far as my ESC goes, like I said in my last post , it's a Hobbyking Blue. Whenever I buy stuff , I always try to check sizes first, it saves hassles later on when things don't fit.

Bob

Steve, I'm using the 4400kv motor with a 2s 2200mah with a 40amp esc and getting no problems, oct 430 prop.

when running the 6pole 4200kv heli motor with a 3s 1850mah I use the 50 amp esc, and the 427. But not very long run time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve,

On Monday I tried my Minisprint with a 3500kv motor and a 3s - 2200mah battery and a 427 prop. It seemed to work fine. No heat problems. It seemed to cavitate quite a bit on starting up. Next, I think I'll try a bigger prop, maybe go back to a 430. I'm looking at a different radio or ESC with telemetry so I can track results with some degree of precision. Right now, it's all seat of the pants.

I'll will keep you posted.

Bob

I run mine saturday run great try the 430 prop & 432 the 430 prop work the best . Had some heat motor was very warm speed control was not hot but warm . steve

Ran my boat again on Sunday. 3S 2200mah 3500KV motor. This time with a 430 plastic prop. No more cavitation. It was very windy. Boat seemed to fly. Flipped her twice and gave up. Had a fair amount of water getting in. Need to do some more waterproofing.

Bob

I had water in my radio box the water come in by the rubber boot by the turn fin i seal up the out side of the boot next to the tub .

Steve if your leak is at the pushrod opening in the rubber boot, put a "O" ring around the pushrod on the inside of the rubber boot, with a little grease it works great.

Ran my Minisprint again this weekend. 3500 kv motor, 3S battery 2200mah, plastic 430 prop. Nice calm pond this time. Boat ran real nice. Really scoots. I still have water getting in, I'm thinking it's getting in up the stuffing tube and flex shaft. It's well greased, so I'm not sure. I bought some CorrosionX and some Liquid Electrical Tape, and some silicone goop to thoroughly waterproof everything electronic. Then I won't have to worry so much about anything getting wet. Maybe this week I'll put my new radio in it so I can see how fast it really is. The new radio has gps in it. I just have to figure out how to program it. I'm really a dinosaur when it comes to programming these things, and the directions are kind of vague.

Bob

If it is leaking double check your stuffing tube where it comes out the boat at the ski and the very top of the transom where top lid is epoxyed to the transom. there is alot going on back there and some times I do get enough epoxy in there.

Back