JAE 90/101 Design.... any updates?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim van Schyndel

The JAE 45 since conception has gone through a number of versions and design modifications.

I am wondering whether there have been any advances or recommended updates for the JAE 90/101 design prior to starting my new project.

Cheers

Tim

Depending on power you would be better to build the longer boat. I built one for nitro sniffer and it is the longer version plus it is also 5" wide on the inside of the tub for OPS 90 Blackhead.

Brad

Last edited by a moderator:
I am building an F JAE boat. It is ready for paint. We extend the hull 2 inches and same width as the kit. The kit is very good. We just up graded the material.

Motor mounts are Delrin and mounted in the side walls of the tub with rubber grommets and 1/4 20 nylon bolts

Using woven carbon fiber boom tubes and same material for sponson tubes. Very lite and very strong.

Hull is composite of carbon fiber divinicyl and thin ply inside.

Will be running one of the new DD NOVA 91

We have a few versions of the JAE 90 but instead of Ski box we run rear sponsons

JAE 90.JPG

nova .91 JAE kit with rears

JRX.JPG

JRX 101

2016 JRX.JPG

2016 JRX

JRX 101.jpg

f hydro.JPG

We have a few versions of the JAE 90 but instead of Ski box we run rear sponsons

attachicon.gif
JAE 90.JPG

nova .91 JAE kit with rears

attachicon.gif
JRX.JPG

JRX 101

attachicon.gif
2016 JRX.JPG

2016 JRX

attachicon.gif
JRX 101.jpg

attachicon.gif
f hydro.JPG
Where did you get those great looking cowlings??

Bill Hoch

Zipp does have a TRUE 90 JAE. If you need more info just give Joe a call. I have one and it runs very good. After seeing Martin's JAE Twin 45 run,we are building a JAE Twin 80.

I know it's not a JAE, but it's derived from one. I'm super excited to see what the new Nova .91 can do.Screenshot_2016-04-14-22-31-37.png

JRX Built by Joel (Fastcat)

Thanks everyone

My Truex Zip 101, 67/80, and 45 kits have all arrived and are looking great though it looks like I am building for the next 6 months!

Cheers

Tim

Tim where are you getting these magical Truex Zip 101 kits from? I cant see them on the zipkits website.

-Neil.

Back