Jae .67 rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was wondering if the gas envy could be used for a .67 or an .80 as I could get this as a kit rather than trying to figure out where to drill holes. If I go with the .67 jae I also need to come up with booms. With 5 inch sides I could use my aeromarine mounts for engine. Is the .90 jae close in size to the envy?
The Envy is a large boat for a .67 or .80, and even .90. A 5" wide tub is not needed and the 5/8" aluminum booms would also be overkill. The Envy is an awesome boat, so this winter I'm almost done with a .91 Envy. It started out as an Envy kit, but I narrowed the tub and sponsons. The length is stock.

As far as engine mounts. The cheapest and easiest is to buy some aluminum bar stock, rubber grommets, nylon spacers, and make your own. I say easiest because you can make it fit any tub width. The hardest part is drilling and threading the engine mount, but that is needed most of the time even with the Speedmaster mounts.

Crag what size grommets did you use?
I don't remember, so I would need to check. But, they are from McMaster-Carr. I just look to find a size that fits the tub side thickness and then use what ever size screws that fit the grommets well. I think these are 10-32 or maybe 8-32 with brass sleeve inserts (made from K&S tubing) to protect the grommet and allow you to tighten the screw without compressing the grommet too much.

Latest posts

Back