JAE 21

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john schultheis

hi i'm building a jae 21 and i was just wondering if anyone knew of a good budget friendly motor any advise will be appreciated thanks

GO .21 from Mark Leyde. He just had a sale on them last week, but might honor the price still. His name is Lights on here. Send him a PM.

There is also Novarossi which you can get a hold of Glenn Qaurles (sp) on here.

I love the Nova Rossi motors and you can't beat the service from Glenn.

Last edited:
I'm almost finished mine too and I have chosen the NR 5 port with an NR 50050 pipe. Just a heads up, if you get the carb mod from Glenn, you will need to buy an inline needle value to replace the one he removes from the carb itself. I just discovered that when i got the motor and started to fit it in the hull. I have two OS 40G needle values coming for my boat. I will mount both between the motor and the fuel tank and one will be for fuel and the other will be for adjusting the water to the head.

Now I just had to figure out the best way to mount the pipe t the hull while still allowing access to tape the radio box lid....

Robert, here is what I did on mine. You could make something similar just wouldnt be able to be mounted off of the engine mount bolts (if using the stock JAE block style mounts)

gallery_2864_1232_225256.jpg

Here's my just finished JAE 21 with a GO engine that I bought from Mark. I haven't ran it yet but Mark promises me great speed.

P1000314(1).JPG

All great choices.. can't go wrong with the NR 5-7 port or the GO 5-7 port... basically the same engine, different manufacturer.

Robert, here is what I did on mine. You could make something similar just wouldnt be able to be mounted off of the engine mount bolts (if using the stock JAE block style mounts)

What did you make it from? I would like to do something similar, (like the speedmaster one) the issue is this new NR pipe doesn't have much of a stinger. There a little 1/2" lip and then to ramps up quickly to almost 1 1/2".

50050.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
.125 5052 alum.

You could still use the same style clamp system, would just have to get one that is 1 1/2 inches.

I don't have the skills or tools to fabricate with aluminium like that. Buying premade will be less than material + tools + beginniner mistakes :)

I like the way it mounts to the side of the tub. That leaves the radio box lid open for taping.

What did you make it from? I would like to do something similar, (like the speedmaster one) the issue is this new NR pipe doesn't have much of a stinger. There a little 1/2" lip and then to ramps up quickly to almost 1 1/2".

50050.jpg
This is what I've started doing with a scrap 4-40 push rod and an o-ring. Simple, light, and surprisingly rigid.

Pipe Mount.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back