JAE 21 cowl and engine mount options

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmunn

Guys I run mostly gas now but i have one of the first JAE 21's that ran great a few years back so I was thinking about a new cowl and maybe a new mount.Mine has the hardwood blocks for mounts and cowl I think came from David Preuse(spelling)back in the day.Would it be worth while to change mounts and get a new cowl..My cowl is beat up bad.

If so who makes cowls now and how are the new mounts working out.Thanks I have not been on IW for 3-4 years i think.

Oh Yeah My exhaust ir facing the front of the boat and i use the 21NR engine with a remote needle.

Terry

Last edited by a moderator:
Terry, I epoxied a plywood lip on the bottom front of mine & used a single rc car boody mount post on the rear. Epoxied a wood block to the rear engine bay bulkhead for the post to mount to, & 2 small plywood squares at each bottom rear corner of the cowl to keep it centered. Rc car body clip on a short tether to secure it. Sooo easy to install takes just a few seconds. This was on aPreusse cowl (-;.

Zipp has a motor mount coversion to the delrin mount and has a supplied template for location of the holes. Zipp also sells cowls for it, or I make a carbon or E-glass cowl too.

Brad

DSC_0831.JPG

DSC_0647.JPG

Thanks guys I saw a newer version JAE 21 after i posted this and thought wow that is fast...maybe a new boat would be the way to go..My issue with nitro is i only race in one spot that runs 21 nitro rigger ....Still contemplating the whole prospect..

I still run mine with the old school motor mounts with the glued in wood blocks. They work fine but if you break one of the old mounts you can't get them anymore. Your old boat should still be able to compete with the new ones, but you may want to run the latest motor. (Nova .21 DD or CMB Evo) These boats are a lot of fun to race.

I still run mine with the old school motor mounts with the glued in wood blocks. They work fine but if you break one of the old mounts you can't get them anymore. Your old boat should still be able to compete with the new ones, but you may want to run the latest motor. (Nova .21 DD or CMB Evo) These boats are a lot of fun to rac
My motors are T 21-5M/2 and I will check them out for pinch.are that not comprtive enough now ?

I still run mine with the old school motor mounts with the glued in wood blocks. They work fine but if you break one of the old mounts you can't get them anymore. Your old boat should still be able to compete with the new ones, but you may want to run the latest motor. (Nova .21 DD or CMB Evo) These boats are a lot of fun to rac
My motors are T 21-5M/2 and I will check them out for pinch.are that not comprtive enough now ?
That motor is still very competitive. I was just suggesting(without knowing what motor you even had) that a new motor might be an easier and more effective upgrade than building a whole new boat. I guess my main point is that the g1 and g2 hulls are still very competitive and can heat race with any boat out there with a good setup.

That motor is still be very competitive. I was just suggesting(without knowing what motor you even had) that a new motor might be an easier and more effective upgrade than building a whole new boat.
Ok, thanks.i will check that boat and motors out soon to see how things look.

Back