JAE .21 CG

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lundahl

Hello.

Were shall the CG be placed on JAE.21?

At the normal place 0,7-1" behind the the turnfin?

Fredrik.L

Last edited by a moderator:
rod g. told me about 2" behind the sponson, & joe at zippkits said 38% of total boat length (not just the tub). not sure if they're the same measurement or not, haven't checked.... either way, it's further back than a conventional rigger , i asked cuz another person & i are working on something a little different for a jae B) .

Last edited by a moderator:
rod g. told me about 2" behind the sponson, & joe at zippkits said 38% of total boat length (not just the tub). not sure if they're the same measurement or not, haven't checked.... either way, it's further back than a conventional rigger , i asked cuz another person & i are working on something a little different for a jae B) .
outboard????

You guys have it wrong. Look at Robins screen name. He's going to blow up the plans and mount a 440 six pack in it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You guys have it wrong. Look at Robins screen name. He's going to blow up the plans and mount a 440 six pack in it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
lest you forget, ryon, chrysler did make outboards. and raced them dressed out as "stackers". now you've really got me thinking :lol: :lol: . for those of you too young to remember stackers, a sound you will never forget, & forever miss B) .

Yea, I remember them. My Dad had a 45 on a 16 ft flat bottom and it would haul the mail!!! I have been in the boat and saw it hurt a black max's feelings.

who woulda thought that a straight bell megaphone would work on a 2 stroke? no reverse cone or stinger :blink: ...... yeah, ryon, they hurt a lot of people's feelings :ph34r: :lol: :lol: ! can you say big block spanking party? i can still hear that howling, moaning sound.

Mark Anderson used a postal scale on my JAE21GE and found that about 38% of the weight was on the back of the ski. It handles great.

Mark Anderson used a postal scale on my JAE21GE and found that about 38% of the weight was on the back of the ski. It handles great.
60/40 (front/rear) weight ratio is what we were shooting for with all the prototypes.

Back