JAE .21 brass sponson tubes

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just installed my inserts and it as pretty easy....These ones have several lines machined it them to retain epoxy and i roughed them with 80 grit and pre drilled my bolts holes while i could get at them now and not in the sponson also what i did is drilled 1/8 hole down through the top plank and foam and into the area where the tubes go...sooooo during installation i kept the tubes back away from the second hole(the one on the tub side of the sponson) so when i injected more epoxy through the hole in the top of the sponson with a syringe , the epoxy would not air lock and should have given me a good coating on all sides and the ply as well.

There was some small voids in my foam from probably the heat i used to remove the brass or from the tubes coming out in the past and bringing some foam or whatever.

I would suggest anyone building a jae boat take the steps to keep the brass from moving or buy the inserts .I think this will solve my problem.

Thanks jim

Back