JAE 21 and 45

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XtremeRcBoats

After running a Fire Fighter 45 I want to try a JAE45. For my girlfriend I'm building a JAE21, it's gonna be her first boat :) .

I'll post more pictures when I make more progress.

I got the cad files from David and made some small modifications (changed the boom size to metric) and had a friend let them lasercut and cut the foam for the front sponsons:

foam_sponsons.jpg

Bought 2 turnfins from Mike:

turnfinJAE21_45.jpg

Bought a CMB 21 VAC from Steve Wood:

JAE21_engine.jpg

Made a jig for the JAE 21 and test fit the engine and CMDI cowl:

JAE_21_engine_fitting.jpg

JAE_21_testing_the_CMDI_cowl.jpg

Home made motor mount:

JAE_21_engine_mount.jpg

Rest of the JAE 21 pictures can be found in my gallery: LINK

As for the JAE 45 already have the tub ready including the bottom and nose block:

JAE_45_front2.jpg

JAE_45_tub2.jpg

JAE_45_nose.jpg

Rest of the JAE45 pictures can be found in my gallery: LINK

Nice looking build ,Where did you get your engine cover? I also noticed that long header, you may need the shorter one. The carbon fiber looks like a good choice. nice clean build .

I like the idea of the girfriends first boat!!! I don't think my wife would know what to do with something that fast!!!! Maybe thats what I'll do to get more boats though!!!!! buy her a couple!!! Nice build....

Last edited by a moderator:
Small update, I'm gonna concentrate on the JAE21 to get it running, afterwards I'll continue with the JAE45 since I still got a ready to run FireFIghter45.

Bent the stuffing tube:

JAE21%2C_installing_hardware1.jpg

JAE21%2C_strut.jpg

Made the servo mounts:

s~0.jpg

Gonna make a new mould for the cowl, want it flat not the SGX profile:

JAE21_cowl_mould.jpg

Sanded the nose block of the JAE45:

JAE45_nose_block.jpg

Tomorrow I want to laminate the stuffing tube into hull, glue the servo's and continue with the mould and the sponsons.

To be continued...

Last edited by a moderator:
That rudder servo mount is as easy as it gets. I'm putting together a NIB .21 AC Boat Lighting cat. That setup may just work. I'm ready to drill holes in the transome for my rudder setup. The inside of the box is big enough to stand on up or lay down a servo. I built the radio box for each way, not knowing What setup I wanted.Thanks for the post.

this is also what I use on for the rudder setups in most of my boats.

Another update. Made the holes for the motormount in the tube, glued the stuffing tube and cut the first sponson at the correct width. Also tested the booms, I'm using 6 mm (about 1/4") solid carbon rods.

JAE21_stuffing_tube.jpg

JAE21_stuffing_tube2.jpg

JAE21_sponson.jpg

you wont be dissapointed i have all the jae's and the run well above the firefighter and gooey cheeses if set up properly. you can get setups from the jae main page. my 21 runs 64mph and my 12 runs 57 with 99 odo and 60% byrons with ops 3280 pipe, also you can get a cowl for 25$ shipped run dave prusse high quality makes that boat look beautiful. hope you have a great season and good luck!!!

Back