JAE 12 questions........

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Gibson

Supporting Member
How much rudder throw do i need? Im using the Zippkits water cooled rudder....does the wood extension that the rudder bolts to need any kind of reinforcment? Is anyone making a metal fuel tank? What is the footprint for the sponsons,outside edge of tub to inside edge of sponsons? Rod G. told me this once already, but ive forgotten!...Sorry Rod! :rolleyes: Are they're any improvemnets to the boat that have been made by those of you that have been runnin em for awhile that you would suggest? Id rather do em now before i finish the boat....im going to use a NR 12 in mine...what is a good starting spot for the turn fin? Many Thanks, Bill

How much rudder throw do i need? Im using the Zippkits water cooled rudder....does the wood extension that the rudder bolts to need any kind of reinforcment? Is anyone making a metal fuel tank? What is the footprint for the sponsons,outside edge of tub to inside edge of sponsons? Rod G. told me this once already, but ive forgotten!...Sorry Rod! :rolleyes: Are they're any improvemnets to the boat that have been made by those of you that have been runnin em for awhile that you would suggest? Id rather do em now before i finish the boat....im going to use a NR 12 in mine...what is a good starting spot for the turn fin? Many Thanks, Bill
Just do the same as your 20 boat ...you are not gonna run it anyway so it won't matter !! :lol: :lol: Call me about the Brandon race !!!!

Rudder throw seemed like I needed very little gonna have to turn 50% or less.I was barly moving wheel to make tighter than coarse turns .I did the flat plate on outside like original plans "no inside chunk"as the big hole is for octura rudder. I wanted to cover it and filled it with epoxy .The hole is not nessary as you have to have a drill to complete the boat anyway. I ran the flat flex tank and would not change it" boat's kinda designed around it". I put 1/16" strips under top deck instead of tri stock more room for seals my pics are down a few posts. I went with .150 X 3/16 shaft so went next size down stuffing tube with 1/4 over it at end to mate the zipp strut.Made oil tank in some of my pics way back. Went center on turn fin just testing one day so far.

Pics cover the rest.

Suprised Rod or one of the others hasnt chimed in already! :)

Sounds like your scratch building (otherwise the boom tubes come precut for you, dont they?)?

Overall footpint should be about 16" (so -2" for sponson width... @7" from sponson to tub).

Walt Barney made a SS tank for mine... hold 4.5 oz - I run the full mill time, and have never run out of fuel racing.... NR .12 3 port).

Suprised Rod or one of the others hasnt chimed in already! :)

Sounds like your scratch building (otherwise the boom tubes come precut for you, dont they?)?

Overall footpint should be about 16" (so -2" for sponson width... @7" from sponson to tub).

Walt Barney made a SS tank for mine... hold 4.5 oz - I run the full mill time, and have never run out of fuel racing.... NR .12 3 port).
The boat was already built...im in the process of installing the hardware...i will give Walt a call about making me a tank, and THANKS for the numbers on the footprint! I just want to get it as close to right as i can BEFORE i finish the boat...seems there is a bunch of you guys that have been runnin em for a while, so i thought id pick yer brains on any changes that you might have made after the fact! :)

Latest posts

Back