JAE .12 - OS 18CVR

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rigged

Has anyone run a 18CVR powered JAE? If so...is it worth while to do? I have a couple of them laying around since i converted all my cars/trucks to 21's..

not looking to race, just mess around. If it wouldnt be capable of at least going mid 50's i wont bother..

I think they would work well in the .12 jae size providing they would fit but i see no reason they could not be made to work.They are a good little engine for playing around IMHO.

Dont see why it would not fit as the case should be pretty much the same as the 12TZ's. And yeah they run good for playing around, but they do lack in turning high RPM as they make more torque then anything. Thats why im curious if anyone has run one in one.

I dont want to have to buy a different engine to build one.. and if these engines wont push the boat into the speeds id like, then i wont build one.

Yes I prep one for my friend in a Jae ,12 and is running in low 50's turning a 1450(46mm 3,3 cup).I'm surprised with this combo!

Gill

Yes I prep one for my friend in a Jae ,12 and is running in low 50's turning a 1450(46mm 3,3 cup).I'm surprised with this combo!

Gill
What prepping did you do? I have one that is stock, and another that i modified using a HPI crank thats been turbo'd, teardropped and induction timing raised slightly, with just some subtle flow work to the sleeve, and a TZ backplate (no pullstart or rotostart).

What pipe did you guys use? I only use ABC props mainly, would a H7, H10 or 1818/2 be a good substitute for the 1450?

Last edited by a moderator:
First thing to do is remove the pull start and put a regular backplate ..you save a lot of drag and some weight.The sleeve was reworked optimizing mixture flow(windows) and timing raised a little just putting a 0,3mm shimm under it.Crankshaft reworked with turbo shape and red silicone added like Nova motors in the front Carb enlarged to 7,0mm and pipe is a Mac 3,5cc Props: H7 BC is a good substitute,1816 runs well too but have not tried H10 or 1818 Hope this help.

Gill

Yeah i already have the TZ backplate. Did you cut down the pipe any? I do have a MAC .21 pipe thats been cut down to 5.5" i think, modified with internal stinger.

Guess maybe ill give it a shot. Now to find someone that wants to build a 12G3 kit..as me and thin wood dont get along :blink:

Keep the pipe lenght between 7 3/4"-7 1/2" to not lose too much torque. and you will be pleased with the performance ......don't know if 5,5" will work with this engine? let we know the results and good boating

Gill

http://www.grsboats.com.br

Gill...i meant the length of the pipe itself, not tuned length. When i was into RC Drag racing, always ran MAC's pipes on my .21 car, but had to cut them down to get them to tune properly. So just wanting to know if you've had to do the same.. or if ill need to buy another pipe.

Yes we had to cut the pipe for the right tuning but pipe lenght is 6 1/2" ....make a test before to buy a new one.

Back