JAE .12 or JAE .21?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Elder

These boats seem to be great to build and even more fun to run. Why would you (or did you :) ) choose the .12 or .21?

Robert, I don't think you can go wrong with either one. What are others running in your area? What size stuff do you have now? If you've got some parts, hardware, engines, props for 21, that's what I would build or vice versa... I sure am enjoying my 21. Ran great right off the bat. I chose the 21 because I had most all the equipment on hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Robert,

The 12's are less money, but the 21's can run in most conditions.

Both are awesome boats.

Have Fun Like Joe,

Mark Sholund

I am leaning towards the .12 at this point. The thinking is that the .21 would be faster than the .12 and our pond isn't all that big. The less money invested is nice but not the main factor. I do suspect that I would have better luck finding other .21 to run against if I decided to race than .12.

If you plan on going to races, look closely at the classes that run at those races your may attend. 21's normally run and 12's run in few races. Just something to consider.

What I can say is that I'm on my 11th Jae: 2 Gas(one with a Quickdraw and the other with a CMB 101), 2 Jae's .21, 6 Jae's .12(5 G2 and one G3) and I'm about to finish the new .45 G most of them for customers and they 're having incredible fun so if you intend to have a better water conditions boat bigger is better but all models are addictive!

Gill

http://www.grsboats.com.br

If you figure out which one you want to build I have the .12 JAE kit and would sell it for $35. I have a small lifting prop that should work well on the .12 JAE. Let me know and I can let you know what prop I have on hand and figure out what I would want for the prop as well.

Brad

robert, pond size isn't as much of an issue as you might believe. these boats turn on a dime & give back 25 cents change !! they don't slow down in the turns, they unload some & accelerate through the turn, so maintaining speed also isn't an issue for pond size. while the .12's seem to be more popular in the northern midwest US, the .21's are a more common race class. i love my .21 jae, everything it's advertised as, & then some B) . whichever one you choose, it WILL put a bigazz grin on your face.......

I built my first ever Hydro this year, Zipkit Jae 21 put in a CMB 21 vac, with a great prop from Mark Sholund. Season ended with 2 place in the Swedish nationals. I also loove my new rigger, going to biuld me a backup this winter.

I am going to the World Championships in Dessau, Germany next year so I need two riggers.

// Uffe

I would pick the 21 as they can handle rougher water and most places race them .I had both and prefer the 21 and they run really well

Back