jae 12 flywheel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake Best

I am building a jae 12 and I have a Trinity picco team spec motor for it. So far I have bought three different flywheel for it and none of them fit. I'm running out of options. The engine has a standard crank. I have tried the pro boat,acuacraft and zipp kits flywheels. All are to big except the proboat flywheel. The pro boat flywheel is to small and has no place for a collet. Im ready to give up and buy an engine to fit one of the flywheels I already have. Any suggestions on a flywheel that will fit the picco. Or if I bought a Nova from glen will the flywheel from zipp kits work?

The engines that Glenn sells have a flywheel and optional collet for about 11 or 12 bucks that is made for the NR .12. I'm sure you'll be happier with the NR over the Picco, anyway. It is designed specifically for boats. P.S. I have a Zipp Kits collet and flywheel if you're interested
rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Another possibility is to get an SG-style crank for the Picco which will accept the Zippkits flywheel. I'm not a car/truck/buggy guy but I believe they made a version of this motor with that style crank.

Jake I feel your pain! That is the exact reason I have worked with Nova to get my motors like they are...NO mods required! The flywheel, head, carb, and timing numbers are already good to go.

Maybe the Nova flywheel will work on your Picco?

Glenn

Glenn

So your novas come with a flywheel? What size thread is the crank? And what kinda nitro do you recommended in these engines. I think I've decided to go with a novarossi.

Glenn

So your novas come with a flywheel? What size thread is the crank? And what kinda nitro do you recommended in these engines. I think I've decided to go with a novarossi.
Jake, yes they come with the flywheel, water cooled head, correct carb, etc. The crank threads are 5mm. You can run as much nitro as you want...I use 60%, but I had have guys tell me they are running like 40% and it works OK. You can run less, but you are just giving up performance.

Just let me know if you want an engine.

Glenn

I am building a jae 12 and I have a Trinity picco team spec motor for it. So far I have bought three different flywheel for it and none of them fit. I'm running out of options. The engine has a standard crank. I have tried the pro boat,acuacraft and zipp kits flywheels. All are to big except the proboat flywheel. The pro boat flywheel is to small and has no place for a collet. Im ready to give up and buy an engine to fit one of the flywheels I already have. Any suggestions on a flywheel that will fit the picco. Or if I bought a Nova from glen will the flywheel from zipp kits work?
The Picco you have has a 5MM O.D. front crank snout.........the Zipp flywheel is for a SG "car" shaft ,which is for a 7MM front crank snout.........The Zipp flywheel will not work on your motor.

If I had the motor ,I could machine a shim for your crank and install a Zipp flywheel on your motor.......You would also need a 5MM threaded flexhex,which Octura does make......

Just like Glenn said however,the easiest solution to your problem is just buy a .12 Novarossi from Glenn.......I suspect eventually you will end up there anyway.........

The Novarossi .12 motor is plug and play and ready to go and they are a great little motor.......The Novarossi will also need a flexhex and I believe Glenn has those also.....

Rod Geraghty

Last edited by a moderator:
Back