Is this True?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I got back into boating in 2002 I considered nitro, but when I learned the price of the fuel I almost choked.

That’s when I decided to look into gas, and I’m really glad I did.

Fact is that nitro r/c boat racing has become almost a "niche" hobby/sport.

It takes time, effort and yes a bit of cash to get a nitro boat running competitively and that's not for everyone, especially in today's "instant gratification" society.

That's a big reason why gas is so popular, and as prices come down so will FE.

Hell in 20 years we'll all be running FE if the "greenies" get their way...

Guess I'm 25 years ahead since I started racing FE 1/10 Scale 5 years ago. Not sure how much model boating I would be doing at 98.

JD

It’s really quite simple.......if you want to go fast it costs money.
Any cmb or nova motor is faster out of the box then a modded k&b from 20 yrs ago. And will survive far longer. Superior products cost more money.
think building a drag car is cheaper or a real boat engine is cheaper?
So if you think this generation will build a slower boat to race with. They won’t!!
And they won’t work at it either. Obviously not all. But the majority of people under 30 aren’t going to work at it. And if you don’t work at it. You won’t be good at it. Not just rc boats but most things in life.
You have to Love when people who can’t be at the top of their game use excuses.
Here is a clue......
BUILD ONE BOAT AND PUT ALL THE EFFORT INTO ONE BOAT!!!
If it weren’t for the internet would nitro boats still exist???
there isn’t one person at a race I wouldn’t help. Or offer anything i have to. We are all in this together.

It’s really quite simple.......if you want to go fast it costs money.
Any cmb or nova motor is faster out of the box then a modded k&b from 20 yrs ago. And will survive far longer. Superior products cost more money.
think building a drag car is cheaper or a real boat engine is cheaper?
So if you think this generation will build a slower boat to race with. They won’t!!
And they won’t work at it either. Obviously not all. But the majority of people under 30 aren’t going to work at it. And if you don’t work at it. You won’t be good at it. Not just rc boats but most things in life.
You have to Love when people who can’t be at the top of their game use excuses.
Here is a clue......
BUILD ONE BOAT AND PUT ALL THE EFFORT INTO ONE BOAT!!!
If it weren’t for the internet would nitro boats still exist???
there isn’t one person at a race I wouldn’t help. Or offer anything i have to. We are all in this together.
Danny, that is one of my biggest flaws .......too many boats! I’ve often thought what would happen if I really applied myself to even a couple of boats, how much better they might be.
Great statement man! And you’re absolutely right.....we ARE all in this TOGETHER😊👍🏁!!

Steve Seebold ... you are laughable !!! You think this is expensive ???? Try anything else with an engine !!!!!! How much do you actually run anyway ?? Yes gas is cheaper and I do like my gas boats but **** man , try going offshore fishing or anything else . This is peanuts !!!

**** Dave - I remember that one , when you burn one down, you do it in style my friend :oops:
Steve , dont mind Foley - ask him how much it cost to fix both motors in his twin when he stuffed it at Brandon and made matching bent rods 😉 Thats said , Tom knows the risk, accepts it and tossed The boats in heat after heat - If you dont want to hurt it , and your afraid to loose it - DONT WET IT .

Latest posts

Back