Irwin Pipe mod's for 7.5 OB

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Johnson

Picked up an Irwin Pipe for 7.5 OB. Looking for the recommended mod's to this pipe for 7.5 OB, stinger ID and length. Will be using it on a K& B and a Nova Rossi.

Can anyone share please?

Irwin pipe.jpg

no mods I run it and have for years,

but we have added a can over the end for muffling the sound

outboard pipes are all loud unless muffled

Looks like the ones being sold in eBay. I did inquire with the seller if it was an Irwin. He stated he is making them himself.

Ran an Irwin .21 pipe at Speedweek on a HTB290 with a Mac power head. DB was mid 80's. Pipe had no mods nor muffler.

Here ya go, kiddo

EBay user name: skrimble8ole

Item #: 111903083802

If anyone contacts him, I'd be curious to know if he took a mold off an Irwin pipe, or acquired the dies from Jimmy Edelman/jydracing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here ya go, kiddo

EBay user name: skrimble8ole

Item #: 111903083802

If anyone contacts him, I'd be curious to know if he took a mold off an Irwin pipe, or acquired the dies from Jimmy Edelman/jydracing.
Yea that's what I'm wondering, if there's new pipes out there that would be awesomeThanks Robin!

moparbarn, that is where I bought it on e bay. I actually thought it would have been used but it is new. The workmanship is very good at least to the eye.

The reason I asked for the mod information is that I had talked with Irwin in the past when I ordered a couple of pipes from him and he told me to add a brass tube that reduced the ID of the stinger. I just don't remember what size he told me to use.

I thought it was pretty common knowledge that the stinger diameter had to be reduced. I'll try it with no mods since it looks like Bryan's run it successfully that way.

After I purchased one, he listed another. I did inquire with how many he had, 5. He stated he took one apart and made a mold.

Pat Irwin still has the rights on the outboard pipes.So who is making them needs to look out.

Extend the outlet about 1 inch with a .312 ID stinger. Works on a Nelson.

Mic

Dave jimmy Elderman has bin make them for the last 10 year at least , thought he had the original molds , not Irwin .

I DO NOT know the truth/entire story, Shane - but there have been rumors that Jimmy did not hold up his end of the deal & is not the legal owner of the Irwin pipes/rights to them. I do know he was building both stamped & quiet Irwin style pipes before he dropped off the radar, as I bought both from him.

Latest posts

Back