Insane Hydro + Cmb 1 Cube???

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

westoz

Gday all has anyone on forum fitted out an Insane hydro with nitro power I was thinking Cmb 101 I worked out a running weight of 13-13.5 pounds could be achieved any thoughts.

Dave.

I am not sure if anyone has tried that yet. There are a couple of people putting a 1.0 in a Whiplash. They haven't ran then yet, but I know the boat would be unbelievable. It would weigh under 10lbs. I am going to build one for a 1.0, but time is a factor right now.

Brian

Hey Dave, I see you're throwing about some ideas. Is this just until your mod Zen gets here?? I'd say go for it, you can but try. I'd be keen to see it go that's for sure.

Are you still coming down next weekend?? with the mono?

Johno

thanks guys I have a feeling it could worth trying .

2 Mac 84s uhmmm ;) no I think one screaming engine will do for my driving level :lol:

dave.

ok ok 2 macs would be nice.

get your self a CMB 91 if you dont own the motor yet .

there are more props around for the 90....i have found my 101 to be tricky to get a realy good prop on it..

good luck and post photos when done matey.

Jason

This is uncanny.......yesterday at the pond a friend and I were discussing this exact same thing.

I run a gas Insane and he runs some fast F boats with 1" engines.

We decided it would be well worth a try!!

Dwight

Dave I reckon you're brainstorming after seeing my 1.0 on the weekend... :p :p

Thanks for the loan of the fuel by the way.

I'm interested in getting more speed though, 90kph = 56mph must be more in it than that.

Jason what prop and pipe length have you found works best on these motors? I'm currently testing out a slightly modded Prather S265 which seems close to ideal, but the motor has a lot more revs still to go with shorter pipe length and some higher nitro. Currently on 50%..

Gday there Brad yeah just brainstorming Ive got hull sitting waiting for a fitout so I think I will give it a go with nitro power , no worries about fuel loved watching that cat scream around she should be good for more speed for sure little bit of fine tuning should do it.

dave.

its an abc but i cant read the stamp on it - its a prop seaducuer sell for their 101 monos.

very similar to a tipped p275.. very sharp. strut up nice and high out of the water.

the rooster is just a mist of water ... no droplets

pipe length is shorter than usual..SPP mp92 - 11 inch shortened up till the pipe comes on at half throttle - im now going longer cause its sucking plugs out every run at the moment on 50% :D

Jason

Last edited by a moderator:
Back