insane hydro any good

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got this boat today, can't say enough good things about the seller. It was alot nicer than description, packed well and included everything. Im sure the paint job cost more than i paid for the boat. Look forward to getting it on the water.

i have the opportunity to get a great deal on an older insane hydro. looks like a gen 2 best i can tell from the pictures. it is in great condition, looks like its spent alot of time parked in the garage. is this going to be a decent boat? i am just a pond basher, run with a handful of guys for fun. everyone else is running whip/backlash. any way this thing can run with them or am i going to be the laughing stock. its cheap so i don't mind giving up a little but still want to be able to get in and mix it up. i dont run gassers often but dont want to end up with a turd

lg-1202690-5-1790.jpg

just looking for opinions. thanks
Good boat. Not as fast as the Gen 4 or Gen 5, but if you get someone with one of those running in lane 5 or further out and you can stay on the buoys, he'll have a hard time getting around you. If you just run for fun, you'll have a blast. Like I said, "GOOD BOAT".

Last edited by a moderator:
i have the opportunity to get a great deal on an older insane hydro. looks like a gen 2 best i can tell from the pictures. it is in great condition, looks like its spent alot of time parked in the garage. is this going to be a decent boat? i am just a pond basher, run with a handful of guys for fun. everyone else is running whip/backlash. any way this thing can run with them or am i going to be the laughing stock. its cheap so i don't mind giving up a little but still want to be able to get in and mix it up. i dont run gassers often but dont want to end up with a turd

lg-1202690-5-1790.jpg

just looking for opinions. thanks
beautiful boat. very competitive if set up per Jeff Michaud. is it from michigan ?

looks like a Mark Vidosh build with Kandy Shop paint from early-mid 2000s.

thank you for posting.

Looks like one of the boats, Clayton from TX had for sale. If so I picked up a whiplash from him. My boat came the same way, no nicks anywhere. This guy does sell quality stuff. I think he has a lot of spare gas items.

Ron

Yes, from clayton. He is first class. It's hard to get big boats like this shipped to Hawaii and he was very accommodating. It is kandy shop paint, I thought it was stickers and planned on painting it. Nice surprise, the paint is fricken awsome. So far, everything about it is nicer than i expected. I probably won't get to run it for a few weeks. Busy at work and have dry dock coming up next week

Clayton has a ton of extra gas stuff, complete crackers, hulls, motors. He has a nice tunnel too. Looks like a Prather 7.5 k&b but I'm not positive. Great guy to deal with. If anyone wants to get ahold of him, pm me.

IIRC, it is a 3.5, he has it listed for sale over on rcgroups. He can be found there & on Jim's as Scale3301. He has received good feedback on Jim's also (-;

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want a blazer hull,you better know who built it!,the GV is a great hull or have one built by Bob blazer or a reputable builder,you can build the kit if you take your time but every kit boat is a little different (hard to keep everything same) on all builds!

Latest posts

Back