Information for Huntsville's Records Trial November 25th thru 27th

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone for the kind words. Yes it's same everything that we took to Flint in 2009

CMB 80

Bouchie 80 SAW pipe

60% nitro

Highly modified Octura 2170

It was a great weekend and a great bunch of guys showed up last weekend. Glad to be part of the Huntsville club now. We should be moved in before Christmas. Going to miss all of our long time friends and family in district 19.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Yes it's same everything that we took to Flint in 2009

CMB 80

Bouchie 80 SAW pipe

60% nitro

Highly modified Octura 2170

It was a great weekend and a great bunch of guys showed up last weekend. Glad to be part of the Huntsville club now. We should be moved in before Christmas. Going to miss all of our long time friends and family in district 19.

Congrats once again and thanks for sharing!

You are lucky to be moving from one premier club to another, enjoy the south.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok Mark Grim had a 1 way pass of 1.700 sec so that is 132.353 MPH!!! This is the fastest recorded Nitro pass, to bad Mark could not do the backup pass and shatter this old record!

Paul

Ok Mark Grim had a 1 way pass of 1.700 sec so that is 132.353 MPH!!! This is the fastest recorded Nitro pass, to bad Mark could not do the backup pass and shatter this old record!

Paul

With an average speed of 132+ he was prolly doing 135+ out the back door, very impressive!

1.7 flat, that's easy to remember.
default_smile.png

Terry that is NOT the average speed, it was a 1 way only pass, hence no record on that one. 132+ MPH is moving along pretty fast no matter what!
I believe Terry was saying that it was the average speed of the single pass. Going in below 132 coming out above 132.

It was a pretty pass for sure. The sad fact was we watched so many runs over a 100 mph that if the boat was not going over a 100 mph we never lifted our heads to watch. But still a good weekend for everyone that was there. If I can get Paul to compile it we will try and post how many times the records were broke over the course of the weekend before the final numbers.

Oh good lordy! It is hard enough to make sure the fastest pass data is selected, calculated and sent in! I know several of the records changed over the 3 days...

I think Tyler summed it up best when he said "if it is not over 120 MPH do not bother watching it"...

Paul

I don't know Paul,

Watching Marks heat race twin break 100 is awesome too. The funny thing is a week prior, Mark and I were looking at some props a guy had down in VooDoo land, and he picked up these 2 2170's I believe. He said " these are 100 mph props", gave the guy 10 bucks for them, and bingo, they were !

Terry that is NOT the average speed, it was a 1 way only pass, hence no record on that one. 132+ MPH is moving along pretty fast no matter what!
I believe Terry was saying that it was the average speed of the single pass. Going in below 132 coming out above 132.

Exactly! Runs I've made with the Eagle Tree on board generally had a top speed 3-5 mph faster than the average speed through the traps.

Thank you very much for the nice comments. What an awesome weekend!!! , I got to see Mark Grim go 132 mph with his 80 boat ( F Hydro), Martin Truex Jr. break records in every class he ran, and I finally got the D-Tunnel record to my goal speed... Thanks to the Huntsville gang and especially Rick & Kim Grim for putting on a great event, we had quite a few boaters there for a record trial. Lots of records fell and some stout ones put up.

Thanks,

Jimmy Johnson

Jimmy, in case nobody else said it, 80 MPH is wicked fast for a D OB tunnel! Really, congratulations.

Sounds like lots of Sweet passes.

Congrats to all of the record setters!

That new course at Huntsville will help produce many new SAW records in the future.

Awesome photo of Marks SAW boat!

I think Mark has had the fastest Nitro pass in the world for several years. I think around 130 at Legg lake?

Andy,

Mark has made several passes over 130 at Legg Lake, with 133+ being the best so far! AWSOME TO HEAR AND SEE.

Don

I don't know Paul,

Watching Marks heat race twin break 100 is awesome too. The funny thing is a week prior, Mark and I were looking at some props a guy had down in VooDoo land, and he picked up these 2 2170's I believe. He said " these are 100 mph props", gave the guy 10 bucks for them, and bingo, they were !
. Around 2001 at blue lake , I was the 4th I believe to break 100 and made a pass at 106.888 with an old 1 inch motor. About an hour or two later Eric Canto and Andy Brown started working with Eric's heat racing twin with mac 84's and a pair of 2167/3 blades and Eric made a pass at 106+ also with that twin. Andy Brown a year or two later made a pass at 114mph with a customers heat race twin also. Congrats to all, the video is fun to watch. Jeff Lutz

Back