Information for Huntsville's Records Trial November 25th thru 27th

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Incredible work Martin!

125+ for nitro, Yeeeeee Haaaaaaa!
default_smile.png

Mark Grim ended up with the F hydro record and just killed it at the end of the day. Martin did end up with the twin record. I believe there were a total of seven records broken and applied for. Results will be up later.

Here are the "UNOFFICIAL" records from the weekend.

Name Class Type Time (Sec) Speed (MPH)
Jimmy Johnson D Tunnel 1/16 2.801 80.328
Martin Truex Jr C Hydro 1/16 2.004 112.247 (Updated)
Martin Truex Jr Twin Hydro 1/16 1.799 125.069
Martin Truex Jr E Hydro 1/16 1.920 117.180
Mark Grim LSG 27 1/16 1.973 114.039
Mark Grim F Hydro 1/16 1.759 127.913
Mark Grim LSG 36 1/16 1.932 116.459

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys! Big Thanks to the Huntsville crew, they put a lot of work into their events and its always a great time! The weather gods gave us some great weather for once and we took advantage of it! Congrats to Jimmy and Mark on some awesome runs, and also Mark Bullard on finally breaking 100 with his heat racing twin
default_cool.png
Cant wait until the spring
default_smile.png

After careful review of the results and rechecking times/calculations it appears Martin is a bit faster with his C Hydro. Sorry Martin that pesky math stuff you know...

Updated results (changed post #30 to reflect this)

Martin Truex Jr C Hydro 1/16 2.004 112.247

Paul

Conrats you guys! Love those good record trial weekends. I guess I will have to take that 67 rigger record off my signature line now that it is gone. records are made to be broken. Good job!

John

We are all very lucky to have this awesome site, club and all the people who gave up their time so that we could enjoy our hobby in Huntsville. I enjoyed seeing everyone and also enjoyed watching the absolute best performing models there is to see in this sport. Congrats to all record breakers!

THANKS HUNTSVILLE MODEL BOATERS!!!

-Carl

I got to see a lot of those runs this past weekend. I didn't get there in time to see JJ's tunnel run but I saw it run a month earlier and I knew it was an 80 mph boat. He just needed the right conditions and he got that this time. Great run Jimmy!! Friday afternoon I got to see Mark Grim make a one way pass of 130-very impressive. It's to bad nobody recorded his record run. The fastest official nitro run in IMPBA history-THAT'S BIG!! But my guess is that high mark will not stand for a long time. A few of these guys have learned how to make those st. way boats go scary fast. I can't wait for the next one on that fast Huntsville water.

Awsome job "Real Grim", that's getting our nitro speeds up where they should be IMHO!

Maybe Paul or Bill has the official time for the fastest fuel pass in IMPBA history?

Any idea what motor/prop/fuel was used? Was it the same hull you came to Flint with in '09?
default_rolleyes.gif

normal_Mark_Grimm28229.jpg

Back