IMPBA rules....question for Paul?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drobie

This is confusing to me. Are those new course sizes? Are all races a mile or half mile?

All Electric classes will run;
1/5 mile oval equals 10 laps.

1/4 mile oval equals 8 laps.

1/3 mile oval equals 6 laps.

Doug

In IMPBA all course sizes are rated at 2 laps.

So a 1/5 course is the same as a NAMBA 1/10 course.

Yes all races will go to 1 mile.

Also offshore will go to the lap count off 1 mile on whatever course size you are running on.

Example if you are running on a 1/3 mile oval course.

You have an offshore buoy placed lets say 80ft out off of turn 2. and a left turn buoy in the centre of the back stretch between turns 2 and 3. ( and maybe even an other buoy 80ft. out off of turn 3.)

You will now run 6 laps on the offshore coarse.

This lets all races end at the finish line.

Larry

what Larry said except for the 1 mile in offshore

offshore the course is where ever you feel like dropping the turn markers. 99.9% of the time you run alot farther then 1 mile but, you will only do 6 laps on the course

Last edited by a moderator:
Doug
In IMPBA all course sizes are rated at 2 laps.

So a 1/5 course is the same as a NAMBA 1/10 course.
Now that you explain, I guess I recall that.

Hmmm....

Let's say you have 3 spots lined up in a row with 50 ft from spot to spot. Call them A, B and C. The distance from A to C is not 100 ft., it's 2 times the 50 ft from A to B.

What the heck is the history behind that? Must have been written by a former politician or IRS official.

Kelly

Did you read what I wrote?

" buoy placed lets say 80ft out off of turn 2."

It could be 90 or 100ft. ETC, it could be off turn 1,2,3,or 4, or two out buoys like I said.

It does not matter what offshore coarse you want to set up it is still 6 laps on the 1/3Mile coarse.

But I do like the idea of a hairpin left turn.

Larry

Last edited by a moderator:
YES i read it. not going to argue about it.

all the course I have raced one had 2 bouys out LETS SAYS 200 to 300 feet off the turns.

Latest posts

Back