IMPBA dist 4 Scale 20 Rules

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MBattig said:
I have a quick question about sport 20 hydros. I just got a pay n pac for christmas, and I was wondering what the best material would be for sealing the hull. I hear that the west systems expoxy is good, would standard automotive paint also work? I was also unsure of where the cg on the boat should be. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Matt
Matt, West Systems is the best for construction and sealing a hull. Not being a painter myself but I can tell you that your paint should be compatible with the fuel proof clear coat that you intend to use.

Good Luck!

I agree with Phil that all rules for this class should be like the Sport 40 rules. KISS so that it will attract more contestants and have the potential to grow like the Sport 40 class has in the past few years.

Ron

What about the tuned pipe can it come out the side if the cowl. With only the Mac .21 or a old K@b there are not alot of option for motors that their pipe exit staight back. It would be hard to get the a 180 degree header under a cowl of any design. Also if Mac changes style there would be no current motor available.

Right now I'am build one with a old ops side mounted header and will have to make special cowl to fit.

vanduzer said:
What about the tuned pipe can it come out the side if the cowl.  With only the Mac .21 or a old K@b there are not alot of option for motors that their pipe exit staight back.  It would be hard to get the a 180 degree header under a cowl of any design.  Also if  Mac changes style there would be no current motor available.Right now I'am build one with a old ops side mounted header and will have to make special cowl to fit.
If you are scratch building the boat make the cowl just a little wider and maybe offset the motor to get more clearance. If the header can be bent make it closer to the motor.

I went thru this with the one i built too. i decided to make two cowls, one for mac21 rear exaust and one for the side or front exaust motors with the 180 headers. I have offset the cowl about 3/8 " more this will give the header room, the pipe can be laid down lower in the hull.

My engine well is 6" wide so i have more room to work in.

I made a front radio box for it too, due to the low deck lines that was a all day project. So far the boat is comming out really nice I will have it in the water soon.

PHIL

Last edited:
Phil,

Do you have a price on your Sport 21 yet? When will they really be available?

We are adding a Sport 21 class in our club and a few guys are interested. :p

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

[email protected]

PROPS-4-U :)

You can also offset the motor mount to get a 180 degree header under the cowl.

Bob Tuttle 276

shoboat said:
Phil,
Do you have a price on your Sport 21 yet? When will they really be available?

We are adding a Sport 21 class in our club and a few guys are interested. :p

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

[email protected]

PROPS-4-U :)
Mark,

I have the hull and the cowl finished I made the first one last week and i am rigging it up now.

I should have some for sale about Feb 1st.

the price is $250 and $25 for the radio box

Phil YGM

I've already got mine on order. Can't wait.

I'm going to run Speed Master Hardware, O.S. RG Motor converted by Precision Boats (Dad and I) and Futaba Radio. I'm going to convert the motor so that I can run the pipe straight out the back of the hull and the cowling doesn’t have to be cut on to make it fit. Can’t wait to get it and start racing.

Josh

Josh said:
Phil YGM
I've already got mine on order. Can't wait.

I'm going to run Speed Master Hardware, O.S. RG Motor converted by Precision Boats (Dad and I) and Futaba Radio. I'm going to convert the motor so that I can run the pipe straight out the back of the hull and the cowling doesn’t have to be cut on to make it fit. Can’t wait to get it and start racing.

Josh
Josh how does the exhaust come out of this engine is it on the side?

what engine would guys use that have the exhaust header on the left side? the novi rossi can be on the left or right.

oh and i didnt see any mail Josh

PHIL

Phil,

Sent you another email. The motor that I'm going to be running is the O.S. that my dad and I convert to an outboard from an inboard. I'm going to convert it so that the exhaust will run out the rear of the boat with no wrap around header. This way I don't have to cute into the side of the cowling. The rest of the hardware will be from Bill at Speedmaster.

Josh

Josh said:
Phil,Sent you another email. The motor that I'm going to be running is the O.S. that my dad and I convert to an outboard from an inboard. I'm going to convert it so that the exhaust will run out the rear of the boat with no wrap around header. This way I don't have to cute into the side of the cowling. The rest of the hardware will be from Bill at Speedmaster.

Josh
That O S motor must have a bolt on bearing housing if you can switch it around like that. Sounds good. What area do you guys race in?

Your email gets dumped into the spam folder here, are you sending it thru Int. Waters?

Phil

Yes the motor will have a PTO like an outboard when we are done. The drive PTO will be threaded on the end and the flex coupler will attach to it. This also helps because the starter belt will be on the front of the motor, so if it breaks on the the bench you can slide another one on and recrank the motor.

Josh

PS

I'll post some pictures after I get it put together.

We are going to hit the Atlanta, Evansville, Jackson (Nationals) Races

Latest posts

Back