Ideas - Quickie 40

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkScott

Looking for any ideas / improvements to the Dumas Quickie 40.. ;) I plan to start building this boat very soon and needs some ideas thrown this way. Motor will most likely be a piped / exhaust throttled K&B .45 :eek:

Yea, I know, this is not the best rigger out there, but it will be for Mary to play with. She wants to run something other than a tunnel (go figure ;D).. Figure, once she is used to running this style of boat, may end up getting her a twin someday :D

So, bring on the suggestions, comments & ideas.. Boat is in kit form, haven't started the build yet.

Mark..

OB Nut Racing: Climbing another tree to find other nuts 8)

well, surely don't go with the dumas hardware kit : :)

if i remember correctly, you'll want to reinforce the inside of the right sponson to support the turn fin with additional plywood or hardwood. try to incorporate some type of sponson adjustment when you build it too. it's been near 20 years, but i remember it being a bear to launch. i ran a ops 45 in it. coulda been the rears.... you might try to make them adjustable, like with double sided tape. have fun bud, wish my gal would get the fever :)

Back