I Waters Rocket Club

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I finally grew a hair and flew my MadDogMax4 / 4inch diameter 75mm motor(L1150) / last weekend @Varn .
I have not downloaded all the numbers yet- But it went 8182FT on a perfect up and was safely recovered with no damage. Thats a pretty sporty first flight- lol, next will be in Ga @GRITS / where we have more room/ and projected altitude is 13900ft .. For now Im pretty happy with 1.65 miles. 20220512_192009 (1).jpgVOD_20221015_124520_Moment(4).jpgVOD_20221015_124520_Moment(2).jpgVOD_20221015_124520_Moment(3).jpg

Just curious if you guys watch the Skinwalker Ranch show on Discovery and what you think of the rockets they’re launching.
They had a huge one blow up on launch last episode.

Just curious if you guys watch the Skinwalker Ranch show on Discovery and what you think of the rockets they’re launching.
They had a huge one blow up on launch last episode.

So without naming names or shows , someone I know was on Discovery 2x for Rocketry. That said its not the stupidity at SWR but not far off either. They WANT something to 'go wrong ' - 'explode' -'crash' , whatever, in fact they insist on it. I personally have avoided watching the SWR stuff because of that, As a cardholding L2 member of a national org , its a poor representation of what we actually do. Again , just my opinion. Does stuff happen, absolutely - the way its portrayed- no. Must of us take what we do very seriously, we have to . A perfect example is my last flight- and that was nothing- but still a 26lb 4inch diameter fiberglass and carbon fiber 10ft rocket going over 8100ft at .75 mach. Image that coming in ballistic and hitting someone/something, a car - a house. It wouldnt be pretty.
I think and I could be wrong, the failure your refering too was a motor case over pressue that caused the failure - intentionally over psi - not cool, again I could be wrong - a forward closure failure would look exactly the same.

Last edited:
All of those shows are the same... hell, how many wrecks have you seen on Street Outlaws ?? Not a good way to portray the drag racing community.. Guys running 100K 3000 HP cars on a sketchy strip of asphalt with minimal safety barriers or equipment on scene.. what could go wrong??
Someone has to be pumping that kind of money into that show,, They pretty much expect the wrecks to happen...

Daddy Dave is what, on his 4th or 5th Car now ?? No way a hometown boy from Oklahoma has over half a million dollars of disposable income to throw away on wadding up cars at the rate he does...

Back