I wanna take my CMB.90 apart, but..........

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, yer all tellin me before I run this engine I better take it apart and check it out. Can anyone show me where I can find at least an exploded view of it? I just took the 6 head screws out, thinking I could get to the top of the piston, but it is being stubborn, and I don't want to damage anything. Is there a how-to anywhere that would help?

TIA

Doug

Re:I wanna take my .90 apart, but..........

I gather you are talking about a CMB 90.

My advice is dont pull it apart!!!

If this engine has already been started at some time, it is likely that the normal things we check for (swarf or burrs in the engine from manufacture) have already either been removed or has blown out when it has run. And if you dont know what you are looking for and where to look then you may do more damage than good by taking it apart.

The CMB is a tricky engine to dismantle and the main problem you will have is if you want to remove the piston you will have to remove the circlip and pin through the exhaust port. And if you do achieve that you are in for hours of fun trying to get that circlip back in!!!

Best if you find the closest boat club or hobby store that knows boats and if your engine needs dismantling take it to them. This is an engine you will need experienced help for dismantling.

Oh and once you are comfortable with dismantling this engine (once you have been shown how by experienced boaters) ask us about how to get the circlip back in the easy way.

EMS Racing Professional help, Amateur driving

Re:I wanna take my .90 apart, but..........

Thanks EMS, I was kinda hoping somebody would tell me that.....with boats I feel like I did when the first computer came out...I wanted to gut them but it took 4 years to learn enough to feel comfortable taking the cover off :) .... Unfortunately, noone runs boats around here, so I'm on my own......I'm sure you guys will get me through any troubles I have.

Thanks again,

Doug

Back