I need prop suggestion!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve

Start with a x440 and see how you go on heat etc and move up in pitch. X640 then x642. Its a hot motor for a scale hydro

Andrew

I'd go with Andrews suggestions. The 640 may be as far as you can go though. I run my 12 cell rigger with the x642 and it's on the ragged edge loose. Any tighter and I wouldn't be able to pull the prop. The x640 may even be too much for the Larsony, but if it's not.........

Good luck,

Dick

Ok I tried the 11 cells and a x437/3 and the boat ran very well, but I could only get 4 laps so I tried it again and moved the cells back some, same result, but slightly more flighty. I also ran 12 cells and a x440 and only made 3 laps and the thermal kicked in. I am going to try the 8XL and a 42/55 next or maybe an aveox 1412/1.5 and a x445 or so.

Steve I run a 8XL and a 45/55 on mine. It's real tight on run time with the 45/55. With the 42/55 it makes it a little more comfortable with the run time and the heat issue.

Larry

Since this is such a big hull I am going to go a with an aveox 1415/1.5 and try to pull a bigger prop and see where that takes me.

Hi Larry, Do you angle your strut to lift the stern? I had to angle and lift my strut right up to the bottom of the hull to make it run half decent with an ss1. Over the winter I put a straight shaft in with the same angle. The shaft comes out a little ride pad much like the H&M Bud hull. I am planning to try a 9xl when I get a chance. Also could you tell me where your CG is?

Thanks

LOU

Latest posts

Back