i did it now!! RECAP

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dizzy dean

swapped out my mac 21(stock) to my geraghty mac, could not get the needle right :( . the only thing i can figure is the humidity was way down, 35%. not normal in s.c.. iwas afraid to lean it out to much. flow meter(boris m) was at 120. just a little to close to the champs to be screwing up a good motor.

the only other thing i changed was 2 more ounces of fuel onboard, not sure if this would have anything to do with it?

everything else is the same pipe, fuel,& prop.

i rather lose 'cause of my driving, not the boat. :eek:

tim

Last edited by a moderator:
jeez, 10 days before the race, & you're already setting up you excuses <_< :lol: :lol: .

i'm sure that's what it is'nt. at this rate, is all you've got to do is finish :huh: it will all work out, don't you worry you old self out.

comments like this are not what i was looking for :p

What does the motor due or not due? Is your prop too big now or your pipe to long. Can you put your carb from your stock motor on it and try it. I have found that modded up motors spin a few more rpms and had to reprop, but that is just me.

Hope this helps some and good luck.

Richie R

What does the motor due or not due? Is your prop too big now or your pipe to long. Can you put your carb from your stock motor on it and try it. I have found that modded up motors spin a few more rpms and had to reprop, but that is just me.Hope this helps some and good luck.

Richie R
motor never gets on pipe, same everything even carb. just don't want to lean it out to much. just changed power head.

really want to know if 120 on the flow meter is lean. when i turned the needle in it got better, maybe i should've went to 130.

fuel redmax 40/16

prop-1440 b/c cutdown(sholund)

pipe- erwin(can't go shorter)

Forget the flow meter, go as lean as you need to get it on the pipe, if it still doesn't get there, start playing with props and motor height. The flow meter is used after you get everything running correctly so you have a baseline on a setting you know is right. If the motor has been changed, the old flow meter readings mean nothing.

~James

thanks james, just did'nt want to go wrong before i get down there. a little on the nervous -excited side.

i'll mess with it next weekend i hope, if not i have all day wed-thurs to get it right. :D :D

tim

thanks james, just did'nt want to go wrong before i get down there. a little on the nervous -excited side.
i'll mess with it next weekend i hope, if not i have all day wed-thurs to get it right. :D :D

tim
I don't Know how much effect elevation has on flow meter readings, or if Boris's meters read different. My aircooled Mac, and K&B SS run best at 55-60 on my meter. Water cooled K&B and OS outboards 65-70 . My water cooled Nova 35+inboard 60-65, my two 45 Macs at 40-45 My 7.5 Rossi OB 45-50. Elevation in my region of the country between 700 and 900 ft above sea level. Mac OB's like to be hot and rich to really rip. Is one mac broke in and the other not? That will cause a major difference in performance.

one is boke in, one is'nt. the broke in one runs great around 110 reading +/-. just have to wait and see next time i get in the water.

with you #s my 21 would'nt even start(mac that is). time will tell.

thanks

tim

James is right.

Throw the flow meter in the truck and lean on the needle. If it's broken in, do three or four hard laps at a time, bring it in and check case temp and plug. That will tell you where your at.

If it's not yet broken in, then you've got tanks to burn... stay fat for awhile, bringing the needle in a few clicks at a time after every other tank or so.

Bill

James is right.
Throw the flow meter in the truck and lean on the needle. If it's broken in, do three or four hard laps at a time, bring it in and check case temp and plug. That will tell you where your at.

If it's not yet broken in, then you've got tanks to burn... stay fat for awhile, bringing the needle in a few clicks at a time after every other tank or so.

Bill
and you thouht i was jerking around <_<

My Mac power heads took over a gallon of fuel before they really started to run the way they should.

i know it's kinda like apples & oranges, but my k&b's read around 130 on a boris meter. most other folks i have spoken to say their .21's read in that same vicinity (130). that includes rossi's, cmb's, & other k&b's. i know mac's seem to like to be richer than most, but not sure how much 10 points means on a boris meter. like you have been told, little at a time, watch temp & plug.

it'll be all right, or i'll just swap it back. we'll see wednesday. need to move the motor on the vs1, plenty of time.

ok guys, left the meter in the car and tweaked the needle. that was the ticket, till i stuffed it in bouy 6 wot :( . nothing a whole tube of silicone can't fix :eek: . wonder what the warranty is on this sniper BILL <_< haha

tim

ok guys, left the meter in the car and tweaked the needle. that was the ticket, till i stuffed it in bouy 6 wot :( . nothing a whole tube of silicone can't fix :eek: . wonder what the warranty is on this sniper BILL <_< haha

tim
Tim

Use the Silicone we spoke of this morning or get some '5200 Fast Cure' from West Marine.

As far as the pipe, pull it out about 1/2 inch and work your way back in 1/8 at a time until it does ANY of the following:

1, hesitates coming on the pipe.

2, hits to hard coming on the pipe to race.

3, shows signs wanting to fall off the pipe in the corners.

Pull it back out 1/8 at that point and put it in the trailer!

I'll see ya on Wed.

i'm on it bill, i guess since i'm the second owner, the warranty is null and void :lol: , wait a minute, you just spent all that time on the phone with me, so i think that equals a very good warranty with perfect phone support :D

thanks, and see ya.

tim

Back