Hydro Sport Marine Sport 40 Molds?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missbudpilot55

Hey gang,

About 8 to 9 years ago a firm out of the Dallas area was building a really nice sport 40 a futuristic design for it's time, very low profile. The boat was designed by the owner of Hydro Sport Marine Products, Bill Gahgan. I was the production manager for Bill in the model division of the business after his partner and my good friend Gary fell to a heart attack and could no longer function in the business.

After I left the business Bill evidently fell on hard times and just up and disappeared one day, no one knows to where he went. I lost tract of the molds for this hull as the last person I was told that had them was Brian Nelson of Hydro Water Sports up north somewhere. Does anyone know of the where abouts of these molds?

Thanks,

Bill Diedrich

Ventress, Loiuisiana

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jeff,

Ventress is the island side of False River, New Roads, which is about 30 miles north east of Baton Rouge on the west side of the Mississippi River.

I am one of the former Presidents of the Nitro Burners of Baton Rouge, I remember you from the races there.

Don't know anything about the molds, but a friend of mine has one of the hulls, he might sell it if interested. As long as he knew it was going to a good home. :rolleyes: B)

OK MIke,

Tell me more or give me your friends e-mail so I can get in touch with him, maybe a pic of boat if possible. Is it the last Sport 40 (don't remember off hand what Bill named the design) that HSMP made or the earlier "Evil Ways" Sport 40 ?

Thanks,

Bill Diedrich :)

This one is the "Breaking Point" sp40 #0001. I will post picture of it today. Also has the blueprints just have to find those.

Mike Stewart said:
Ok try these.                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
68045[/snapback]

Hi Mike,

Really good looking boat, how much you asking for it and is this a re-paint from the original paint sceme, that the boat had. Is the base color of the hull metal flake blue & silver?

boat is repainted. looks like it was orig. lime green metal flake? My friend will get back to me with a price this evening. I'll pm you after he gets in touch with me :)

OK Mike,

Thanks for the pics and by the way we used to call that lime green color "Chartruse w/Lime Flake", I remember now Gary's boat was the blue flake boat.

Mike Stewart said:
Bill ????
68353[/snapback]

Hey thanks Mike for the Pm I will be passing on your offer, I have two other possiblities, Try selling in the For Sale Board.

Thanks to all that responded.

Bill Diedrich

Ventress LA

hey bill brian is up in the minnisota area i believe he is part of the twin cities model boat club try to contact him off that site

from

norm B)

Latest posts

Back