Hydro-PLANE?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw that 'bout two weeks ago. It started out as a foam plane a guy designed for an upcoming 'float fly'. He posted that video and EVERYONE wanted one. Seems he didn't anticipate the demand and didn't have the plans ready, so a few others designed similar planes and sold/gave the plans out. Created some serious 'bad blood'.

Looks like a blast to play with though.

Eric,

Just clicked on your profile....

I never thought I would enjoy looking down the barrel of a 357/44 mag till now...

I would say air would be a must, he's just taxiing when he's on the surface :D

I would have to agree...air frequency.

It is a float plane, just an unusual airframe design.

OB Nut said:
PJ, is that the "good" catholic girl of yours?  :rolleyes:   :lol:   :lol:
104287[/snapback]

Hey that is not nice... Being Catholic I feel I have to defend my fellow Catholic's honor. Besides, everyone knows that all good Catholic girls hide their tattoos anyway.... :ph34r:

:blink:

No worries Riche...and no need to defend. She IS a good little Catholic girl.

PJ, is that the "good" catholic girl of yours?   
No, my Baby likes automatics! ;)

See Jack Garcia's thread "AWESOME!" I went in there last night and putfile.com had over 811,000 hits on that video and that doesn't include all of the other sites where it's been posted at!

Those things are cool.....

There are plans available for these planes and a guy that is offering kits for 49.95 w/ most of the control linkage for the kit.

I saw the info on one of thr RC plane forums under the foamies sections.

I have one almost ready to paint and go testing,

I'm sure I smash it into a bouy before I get airborne :lol:

here's the link I have for the info on the plans.

So far the cost of material is 6.00 per sheet of foam I sheet does one boat.

I'm goning to make a second one but a little wider and longer.

Need to use foam safe CA to build

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=380781

Here's the link for the gentleman to contact on the kits.

After building one I would say go with the kit build it and go fly, as the motor mount and other little things need to be made with the plans....but it's no big deal...afterall your build a boat hull out of foam.

I just prefer to build from plans....but that's just me.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=385089

Good luck

Wer're also in the prosses of building one of these boats/planes.Just took a little while to get the foam..We also inlarged a afew inches more..Can't wait to go and try it at the school yard....

Back