Huntsville???/

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had a great time this weekend. On Saturday it was mostly survival as the wind was blowing right down the lake, not real bad but bad enough, Sunday was great, hammer down!

All I can tell you is the Tunnel classes:

Stock 20 Tunnel was won by Will Nanney with a HTB 260

20 Mod, 40 Tunnel and Open was won by another fellow running HTB Boats as well, can remember his name? To be fair there was not a lot of tunnels racing, there were two other brands there running.

The Jackson race is looking good, several entered so far.

Mark Hopper

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a brain fart and gave F-hydro away. Had a perfect score going and got a little racey in the last round and push the boat into a bad position. But Stu Bar was there to step up for F-hydro and win the class. Graham Latham from Bermuda won the Multi-Engine class and the traveling John Hall/Gene Taylor award. As a matter of fact the Bermuda boys Graham Latham and Brian Roach both took home a lot of trophies. They had their game face on. Mark Hopper had a perfect score with three boats in the tunnel classes. Jerry Poole won the F-mono.

But we all had a great time with a lot of great racing and great weather.

Mark

How many boats were given noise warnings / DQs? What was the average noise level? How many DB meters were on site? Were they calibrated? Just wondering since Huntsville could be considered IMPBA's home base pond.

How many boats were given noise warnings / DQs? What was the average noise level? How many DB meters were on site? Were they calibrated? Just wondering since Huntsville could be considered IMPBA's home base pond.
John took some readings. We were not there to give out warnings or DQ anyone. We were there to race and race is what we did. As for as readings, I will not give that information out. I do not want to set a new benchmark. I tryed a new designed internal stinger. It did not work. I even place one of Cooper's new add-on balls on the pipe and it did not lower the sound at all. But looking further I notice that the sound was coming from the walls of the pipe and not the stinger exhaust. May try to insulate the pipe which may stop this from happening.

Mark

John took some readings. We were not there to give out warnings or DQ anyone. We were there to race and race is what we did. As for as readings, I will not give that information out. I do not want to set a new benchmark. I tryed a new designed internal stinger. It did not work. I even place one of Cooper's new add-on balls on the pipe and it did not lower the sound at all. But looking further I notice that the sound was coming from the walls of the pipe and not the stinger exhaust. May try to insulate the pipe which may stop this from happening.

Mark
I will try to get a complete run down of the winners in the next few days. AS for the noise issues...THEY WERE ALL GONE! No problems!!!!! NO KEYBOARD RACING THERE!!!!

Thanks a bunch for all of the help from everyone to get the race done. Thanks to Kris S. for getting the clock repaired.

You guys were great and it was a pleasure to have you all there.

Hopefully the IMPBA will correct their errors and my family & I will be able to come back to race next year. If not, it's been fun and a great ride for many years.

Thanks. I hope to be able to see y'all again soon.

Harry G.

Doc Tuner won 20 hydro

Stu Barr Won D, E, and F hydro

Mark hopper won 20, 40, and open tunnel as well as high points

Gram one multi engine

A new guy from Huntsville won offshore at his first event ever (sorry I do not rember his name)

And thats all I rember

Thank you to everyone that helped in the retrieve boat and pit boss and tear down. It was appreciated.

Sincerely,

Allen

6th Annual John Hall / Gene Taylor Race

Kids Class B Tunnel B Mono

1Cason Gerhart 40.25 Laps 1 Mark Hopper 2000 1Walt Barney 1500

2Jake Nanney 16 Laps 2 Eric Betty 875 2Rich Zimmerman 1050

3Will Nanney 525 3 John Nanney 700

B Hydro B Sport Tunnel D Tunnel

1Doc Turner 825 1Will Nanney 800 1 Mark hopper 2000

2Allen Waddle 775 2Eric Betty 500 2 Eric Betty 275

3Walt Barney 450 3Joe Russo 325 3Larry Hickmon 25

D Mono D Hydro E Hydro

1Rich Zimmerman 1475 1Stu Barr 1550 1Stu Barr 1750

2Barry Petrowsky 1050 2Allen Waddle 1100 2Greg David 800

3Tess Gerhart 1025 3Walt Barney 1000 3Mark Bullard 725

F Mono F Hydro Multi - Engine

1Jerry Poole 1275 1Stu Barr 1625 1Graham Latham 1625

2Brian Roach 1250 2Mark Bullard 1500 2Brian Roach 1100

3Doc Turner 800 3Brian Roach 1025 3Harry Gerhart 525

Open Tunnel Open Mono Open Offshore

1Mark Hopper 2000 1Jerry Poole 1850 1Barry Petrowsky 850

2Eric Betty 300 2Justin Poole 600 2Tim Gladhill 825

3Brian Roach 550 3Mark Ward 75

1/8 Scale Open Gas Mono Sport 40

3James Phillips 1450 1Tim Gladhill 775 1Mark Ward 1525

1Kelly wilson 1250 2Mark ward 425 2Rich Zimmerman 950

2Harvey Liberman 1050 3Barry Petrowsky 750

As a As as a side note, we had NO problems with noise.

I used a calibrated meter, hand held at 25 feet.

E Hydro - Stu Barr, 80,82 F Mono - Red Hull 87, 86, 81, (90 close pass)

Mark Bullard, 78, 81 White Hull - 84, 82

Yellow Hull - 83, 84, 87

F Hydro - Stu Barr, 84, 85, 81

Mark Bullard, 86 Sport 40 - 74, 78, 82

Allen Waddle, 78, 81

Doc Turner, 85 Offshore - Tim Gladhill (Gas, 85,82)

Twin Hydro - Stu Barr, 85

Mark Bullard, 87, 88

Graham Lathan, 85, 87

Back