Huntsville Time Trials

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VansRacing

It's getting close now!

This afternoon, we just finished up testing the last boats that we will be entering in the Huntsville time trials. Our team has worked hard to get these entries ready.

If we get the right weather, it should be a great weekend. I hear Ed Hughey and his brother Dee will be there also. They always have some some fast electric stuff.

The Van's Racing team members that will be in Huntsville this weekend will be:

Mike (Big Daddy) Rushing:

B- Mod tunnel

B- Stock tunnel

Ron Drake:

B- Mod tunnel

Josh & Tim Fulton:

A- Mod tunnel

B- Mod tunnel

C- Mod tunnel

Mike Talley:

B- Stock tunnel

B- Mod tunnel

This team brings over 85 years of combined experience to this event!

We will also be enjoying sharing our tents with Tommy Cordosa (Taco) and Jerry Crowther from Florida. They will be coming along with Ron Drake. Jerry is bringing some killer monos that are running in the mid 90's.

I can't wait to get there!

Carl,

Last edited by a moderator:
Carl And Others,

I wish all of you guys a lot of luck. Going fast is definately harder than it looks.

These guys will probably break a few of the old records that have stood for years.

Don't count out Bob Kensill either,he has some really fast stuff with him also.

Hope the weather is great and you all have a lot of fun trying to break the records.

I Can't Wait Till May 14th,

Mark Sholund

shoboat said:
Carl And Others,
I wish all of you guys a lot of luck. Going fast is definately harder than it looks.

These guys will probably break a few of the old records that have stood for years.

Don't count out Bob Kensill either,he has some really fast stuff with him also.

Hope the weather is great and you all have a lot of fun trying to break the records.

I Can't Wait Till May 14th,

Mark Sholund

93150[/snapback]

Thanks Mark!

I am proud of them all. This team has come a long way this year. Thanks for your help also. I hear Tim loves your props.

-Carl

Carl,

That is a list of heavy hitters for sure..

Good Air

Good Weather

Good Water

Good Luck.. Go get em..

Grim

Grim,

We decided to wait the wind out today. Myself and the "M&M's" (Talley and Rushing) are not leaving until in the morning. They called me and are trying to get another VZ outboard together as a backup for the modified 3.5cc class.

It is hard to get three old men to agree on everything. LOL

My work is done. I am just going to pit for them and keep them on their toes.

I'll write you when I return!

Carl,

Thanks to all the drivers and sponsors!

Precision Boats Racing, Technology Fuels, JYD Racing, Race Craft Bearings & Airtronics Radios for supporting Vans Racings team efforts and pulling 5 of the 6 records we were after this weekend and 2 additional records set with Precision Boats A-class tunnel for a total of 7 of the 8 records.

Precision Boats parts were in every Mod engine we had.

Everybody did a great job!

John Equi and Bill Zuber did a excellent job of putting on the Huntsville spring time trials this year! We all look forward the the next event.

Carl Van Houten,

Carl,

What are the new records? And who holds them?

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

shoboat said:
Carl,

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

93825[/snapback]

1/3rd mile oval:

A Mod O/B Tunnel: Josh Fulton

B Spt. O/B Tunnel: Mike Talley (X-3)

B Mod O/B Tunnel: *Ron Drake

C Mod O/B Tunnel: *Josh Fulton

1/16th mile SAW:

B Spt. O/B Tunnel: *Mike Rushing

* Lynx 285-CK

The X-3 is the 3rd Prototype boat built before the Lynx. There were 4 base frames made in the project. The Lynx was frame #4 with a few modifications. The boat Mike Talley raced this weekend was the actual X-3 wooden boat built and designed by myself and Mike Talley.

Hello Jerry,

Yes, Precision Boats built the "A" outboard engine and also built the "C" outboad engine used for these two classes. Tim and Josh make top of the line parts. There was not a single engine part broken between all of our team during the event and that says a lot for parts that are being pushed to their limit.

Carl,

Josh and I just got home today what a busy weekend of hard work.

We would like to thank all the Team Lynx sponsors for thier support.

The weather was tough as usual, I think we all got wind burned Saturday.

We are very pleased with all this team has done in a short time frame.

Carl thanks for the kind words..............YTM :D

Congrats to Ron Drake for setting the two lap oval record, we are real proud of you.

Tim & Josh

Precision Boats Racing

VansRacing said:
shoboat said:
Carl,

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

93825[/snapback]

1/3rd mile oval:

B Spt. O/B Tunnel: Mike Talley (X-3)

B Mod O/B Tunnel: *Ron Drake

1/16th mile SAW:

B Spt. O/B Tunnel: *Mike Rushing

* Lynx 285-CK

The X-3 is the 3rd Prototype boat built before the Lynx. There were 4 base frames made in the project. The Lynx was frame #4 with a few modifications. The boat Mike Talley raced this weekend was the actual X-3 wooden boat built and designed by myself and Mike Talley.

93838[/snapback]

Publish the speeds!!!

Rod,

Ron Drake razored out a 25.228 in the 1/3rd mile oval with his Mod 3.5cc O/B tunnel with 10 mins left to go in the event. I will find my time sheet and get the other numbers later today.

The next guy that breaks Rons record will have to put down a 24.978. I have the run on tape but I will have to get it digitized before I can put it on the site. As you will see, he was in lane 3 or 4 when he did it so hopfully we can bump it down again this fall.

Carl

Congrats to all the record setters... I look forward to seeing all the results and the hearing all the run information.

ROCK ON

Grimracer

Grimracer said:
Congrats to all the record setters... I look forward to seeing all the results and the hearing all the run information.
ROCK ON

Grimracer

93877[/snapback]

THANKS GRIM!

Give Ron a call. I am sure he is not tired of talking about it yet.

-Carl

congratulations to everyone this past weekend.... especially Ron for the B-mod oval record. I know hes been trying hard for that one.... Id better get my stuff together, im sure Mr Drake will be gunning for the SAW record shortly...

~James

VansRacing said:
Rod,
Ron Drake razored out a 25.228 in the 1/3rd mile oval with his Mod 3.5cc O/B tunnel with 10 mins left to go in the event. I will find my time sheet and get the other numbers later today.

The next guy that breaks Rons record will have to put down a 24.978.  I have the run on tape but I will have to get it digitized before I can put it on the site. As you will see, he was in lane 3 or 4 when he did it so hopfully we can bump it down again this fall.

Carl

93876[/snapback]

One hell of a 2 lap pass! Way to go.

What about the other "A" and "C" times and speeds??

Hello Rod.

The A was around 35+ mph saw and the C was around 58 + saw not for sure on the ovals we set them in rough water.

As for SAW B Tunnel record PB Racing is coming in Oct. for thier first try at it. BOAT IS ON THE BENCH AS WE SPEEK. That record is next for the team!!!!!!!!

Tim

Latest posts

Back