Huntsville Records trial March 31st -April 1st

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe Don will let me take his new scale and show it off to the press. Like that's gonna happen!

I think he is still a little ticked at what happened last time he put on a show. Spring nats/concourse winner/ would not take the trophy because he didn't get any racing points. He basically wore out all his luck running the boat for the news media during practice day.

Hope he has better luck at the Spring Nats in Atlanta this year.
Well I don't think my "luck" could have been any worse last year. Had a piston failure in one of the K90's in my twin taking me out of the twin shootout & F hydro and a $25 throttle servo that would work just long enough to get the scale boat in the water cost me one of the nicest Concours trophies I'd seen. It sure was hard to step up & decline that trophy when they called me out as Concours winner. But you know what? I still had a GREAT time because I got to hang with a number of boating buddies who I wouldn't get to see for the rest of the year. Plus it was really cool to pit for Bob Morton & see him win the shootout, he's one of the nicest guys you'd ever want to meet. I wish for everyone who goes to Huntsville this weekend great weather/water conditions and the best of luck. B)

Just got off the phone with Kelly Brooks. He set the electric tunnel (cat) record (not sure what size). He also set the sport hydro record in 3-4" chop on the boats first ever run. He is using a converted Gas Whiplash (first ever) and had a speed of 73mph with a very mild setup just to get the bugs worked out. Not a bad shake down run. Saturday looks like a wash. Sunday looks to be a better day.

Brian

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got off the phone with Kelly Brooks. He set the electric tunnel (cat) record (not sure what size). He also set the sport hydro record in 3-4" chop on the boats first ever run. He is using a converted Gas Whiplash (first ever) and had a speed of 73mph with a very mild setup just to get the bugs worked out. Not a bad shake down run. Saturday looks like a wash. Sunday looks to be a better day.
Brian
Kelly now has the record two way average of 87.1mph. Still with the "soft" setup. Paul Pachmayer broke the 6cell record (60ish mph). Water conditions aren't bad right now we will see what happens. I heard some nitro in the background while I was talking to him.

**** Brian you beat me to the keyboard!

Did you think that your big hydro would ever be that fast with electric power?

**** Brian you beat me to the keyboard!
Did you think that your big hydro would ever be that fast with electric power?
With the power of electric, I am expecting the boat to get into the mid 90's. Paul has a sport40 that should be in the 90's as well. The technology of electric power has grown leaps and bounds over gas and nitro combined.

Back