Huntsville Records trial March 31st -April 1st

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bzubee

Supporting Member
We have our records trail coming up in 2 weeks so come on and try to set a record or go for speed patches they only require a one way pass.

If you need any information check the IMPBA web page at www.impba.net

I found a fairly inexpensive hotel that is in a good part of town for our records trial. Call and make reservations at La Quinta Inn located at 4870 University Drive next to the Denny's phone number is 256-830-2070. Rooms are going for $49 +tx on the web site.

I just read that the Huntsville time trials only run from 8am to 4:30pm each day??? What the heck is up with that??? Some of the best conditions are right as the sun comes up and just before sunset when the water lays down especially on days when you might have some winds. Sure would be a shame to see folks travel a long ways & not get a shot at the best water. Every time we hold the Elizabeth City SAW and/or the Chesapeake ovals we're there before the sun comes up & leave typically when it's dark unless it's a total blow out weather wise. The 8am start time ain't all that bad (7am would be better) but to cut it off at 4:30?!?!? And I know from being part of plenty of record trials it don't take that long to break down the equipment each evening .... :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Don again you jumped the gun we start at 8am because the sun is shining directly in the sensors and they will not work with sun shining directly into them. As for the 4:30 it 's 5 pm only on Sunday so we have time to do all of the paperwork. The other days Friday and Saturday we go until dusk so we have a little daylight to shut things down. Next time you migh check with John or my self on this before jumping to I'waters.

As printed in the Master Event list of the Roostertail that you & John oversee-

Mar 30

to

Apr 01 HUNTSVILLE, AL Record Trial

07-007RT - HUNTSVILLE MODEL BOATING ASSOCIATION

Huntsville April Fools Record Trials. Brahan Spring Park, South Lake on Drake Ave. 1/16 mile SAW and 1/3 mile OVAL. All IMPBA racing classes Nitro, Gas, Fast Electric. No pre-entry required, event starts when system is up and operational, around 8:00AM and over around 4:30 PM to allow time to take down the site. Plenty of space for tents and equipment. Call before leaving if weather appears questionable on TV. CD: John Equi, (256) 536-7957, [email protected]

So where does it say anything about only on Sunday?? It doesn't. The date says March 30 to April 1. The time says 8am to 4:30pm. Sure seems like 8-4:30 each day the way it reads to me AND to those who asked me if they read it right the way it is posted on the event list. So it ain't just me reading it this way. No guns jumped here Bill, perhaps you guys need to go fix your typo so it's a little clearer. Just a thought ........... :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Those of us who go to Huntsville know it is until dark. They usually let us run till dark on Sunday as well if the water is good. John and Bill do an outstanding job. ALL questions about the event should be made directly to John or Bill. It is kind of like asking Joe Shmoe if his roids are flairing up on a public forum. Point is, when a question is to one person and not up for debate, email the involved directly. This is just a common courtesy post for everyone to follow. Keeps people from getting upset or getting the wrong idea.

Point taken Brian but the way it's posted almost kept 2 people from my district from going. I just got off the phone clarifying that the posted 4:30pm time is Sunday only. Look at the other side as how someone might read it & say well that's not good & not go without calling ..... like what almost happened. Better to post information as clear & accurate as possible from the beginning so there is no question for those who don't go there all the time. Saying things like "Those of us who go to Huntsville know it is until dark" doesn't do anything for those who don't. ;)

Don if your refering to John Finch I e-mailed him after he asked some questions and explained what our times are and where we hangout if the weather is poor and also a decent price on a local hotel. All I can say is we put a general description of the how we operate for the records trail. If someone has a question they all should know how to get hold of John or myself to ask specific questions directly. We always answer our e-mails or phone calls.

Don if your refering to John Finch I e-mailed him after he asked some questions and explained what our times are and where we hangout if the weather is poor and also a decent price on a local hotel. All I can say is we put a general description of the how we operate for the records trail. If someone has a question they all should know how to get hold of John or myself to ask specific questions directly. We always answer our e-mails or phone calls.
Well as of my post he was still under the impression the cut off was 4:30 daily so I guess maybe you weren't clear enough in your response. Bottom line is the event listing was confusing, end of story.

I'm glad I don't have to decide whether to go or not. My boats are WAY TOO SLOW!!!!! I'd need that 60 MPH Tail Wind in the Middle of the Day! :eek:

Another tihing that played into this was the early day light savings time, we did not take that into account. Bottom line is we do keep going til dark except on Sundays due to the amount of paperwork that needs to be filled out after the event is over.

Hey guys,

I'm a comin to da record tribulations. I hope i can go fast, but my wife says fast ain't always good.

Seriously,

Looking forward to seeing all the record guys again. I've been running gas the last three years and got a sniff of nitro last fall and i'm hooked on nitro again. Just like an addict. I guess I'm a nitro addict. My wife says that ain't good either. BUT>>>>>>there is nothing like a nitro boat racing accross the pond at over 100 mph screaming at 30,000 RPM! Still sends shivers up my spine even after 38 years of boating. I plan on getting there Friday!!!!!!! Why travel 12 hours and miss a full day of excitement.

Hey guys,I'm a comin to da record tribulations. I hope I can go fast, but my wife says fast ain't always good.

Seriously,

Looking forward to seeing all the record guys again. I've been running gas the last three years and got a sniff of nitro last fall and i'm hooked on nitro again. Just like an addict. I guess I'm a nitro addict. My wife says that ain't good either. BUT>>>>>>there is nothing like a nitro boat racing accross the pond at over 100 mph screaming at 30,000 RPM! Still sends shivers up my spine even after 38 years of boating. I plan on getting there Friday!!!!!!! Why travel 12 hours and miss a full day of excitement.
Go get 'em John!! Too bad I can't make this trip with you & Steve this time but gotta get ready for Atlanta. We will do it again in the fall. B)

Just got a call from the newspaper and they want to do an article about our hobby so they will be here Saturday around 10am so be ready to have pictures taken. Good PR chance.

Latest posts

Back