Hull size for NR .12?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattHench

I'am think'in about droppin my NR .12 5 port in a sport hyrdo style hull, but have no clue as to what size hull this engine can push. Lookin to see if anyone could shed some light on this, i was think'in a Vegas but seems a little big, thanks for readin, Matt

the miss vegas or the pro boat 1/12 scale boats.most people are using 18 size motors in these hulls.but it will run good with that motor in it.what prop you using in that hull? what is the length of the boat?

Last edited by a moderator:
Brian Buaas makes a round nose epoxy glass hull that should be about the right size.

Lohring Miller

Anybody got any other idea's, not really on a hull just dimension's is all i 'am really lookin for ,thanks for the suggestion ww29 but i cant bring myself to run anymore RTR TURD's been there, done that, never again !!!!!!!!!

i have the aquacraft miss vegas it not a turd.very popular boat it makes up most of the rtr class and not just beginners run this boat.

What i mean by turd's is these china boat's are not the best built and toughest hull's. You bump a bouy or blow over you get a crack somewhere. It seems Ping Pong and Ding Dong can't lay up a boat and Tang and Wang in the quality inspection dep't don't know what quality is. They work for some and can be a good runnin hull but they just don't last, been through 3 of them to know. Just my opinion on them !!!!!!!

you can try at www.finedesignrc.com they have some hulls that are for .12 size motors the hydro and marine hulls they are all from germany very nice hulls and very strong.

I had a NR stuffed into a Delta Force Vortex hull but the hull was gutted when the JAE .12 showed up. I'm thinking of tossing it together again as right now I'm trying to find out if Sport .12 is now a legal IMPBA class for so that maybe I can establish a record base in Flint in a couple of weeks. It would only take me maybe 2 hours to whip it back into shape.

The NR or probably any other .12 is tight. I have maybe 1/8" between the glow plug and the top of the hatch..

Back