How to setup linkage for Novarossi O/B carb?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tuscan67

I've currently got a Novarossi slide carb on my outboard engine. Is there a recommended way to set up the linkage for an outboard engine to use a slide carb? Or which conventional barrel carb would fit on a Novarossi?

Depending of the bore of the carb hole, any of the popular carbs for a 3.5 engine will probably work fine. If the bore is the same as my Rossi, then an O.S. Max 3.5 carb will fit. I'm pretty sure the K&B 3.5 carb neck is too small.

There's probably some body in this group with a Nova Rossi and barrel carb.

Jerry Dunlap

That somebody would be me.

I have a CMB carb on my Nova OB. Works great! It has the same OD as the Nova. However if you would like to try a K+B that can be done also as i make and sell adaptors to allow this.

Check them out at www.grimracer.com

Grimracer

Save yourself a lot of time and change the carb, they are a major pain in the butt. I have run the NR for years and have never tried to setup the slide carb. Later TB

Slide carb's are good for cars but for boats - forget it.

I have had nova's in a inboard as well as on my outboard. Setting up linkages for slide carb's is a pain in the @#$%!.

I agree with Grim, the CMB carb is the way to go - I am using the 9mm throat sized one on my Nova powered tunnel and it is a real nice carb to tune. ;D

Thanks all, much appreciated. I suspected that the slide carb setup was too much pain as well.

Now where can I order a CMB 3.5 barrel carb from ? Who has them in stock and is a reliable seller?

Thanks again,

-Eric

My bad luck might be your good luck. We were out at the pondon Sunday afternoon when my son wanted to get in the imfamous "one more run" when we blew up our Nova Rossi. I now have a carb if you are interested in it. Make me a reasonable offer. I've got another engine coming today. I hope that you are in the States as I haven't sent anything outside of the US.

Sorry to hear about the blow-up Ron :'( :'(

What happened? did the rod let go? Salvageable?

Thank you very much Ron, for the offer. But the Australian guys referred to by Tim already shipped out my carb.

Thanks anyways.

According to Scott VanSlooten, a racer from nearby, told me that it sounded as though the sleeve warped thus locking up the engine and busting the rod. I got a new Rossi motor today from Gary Preusse including the new Rossi pipe. I just got in from firing it up for the first time and this motor has potential. The pipe is real quiet but I'll have to do some dB tests when it hits the water maybe tomorrow.

As far as I know, it's a Nova Rossi carb. I do still have it. Make me a reasonable offer for it and it's yours. It does work fine, I also have a Perry carb for a K&B that I bought from eBay and am not using. The guy advertised it as a 7.5 carb but the throat is a little small. It would be good for a 3.5 though.

Ron, this is an old post I dug up, do you still have the carb for sale? if so whats the ID of it?

~ Thanks James

As far as I know, it's a Nova Rossi carb. I do still have it. Make me a reasonable offer for it and it's yours. It does work fine, I also have a Perry carb for a K&B that I bought from eBay and am not using. The guy advertised it as a 7.5 carb but the throat is a little small. It would be good for a 3.5 though.

I have 2 nova rossi motors ,and I will tell ya that the speedmaster carb from rossi sales works great!!

It has great responce at all rpm ranges and also has a remote needle (3rd channel) built in .it is vary well made like all speedmaster stuff!!

Wow! I am glad to see that I'm not the only one confused by the NR slide carb. I have a OPS .65 and was looking for a carb to replace the cheap single needle one that came with it. I posted a question about what type to replace it with on the RC Universe page. Everyone told me that the Nova Rossi would fit, and work great on my OPS engine.

To make a long stroy short I found a guy with two Rossi carbs that he used on his OPS engines. I just got them yesterday and was really disapointed! They are both slide valve carbs and look imposible to hook up. Unless I use a cable or put the servo out side the radio box. To make matters worse one carb has a 13mm bore and the other 15mm. My engine is 14mm. How did he get them to fit his engine? Yeah I really would like to know.

So going back to my original question... What would be the best carb for this engine? Any body know of a replacement with out having to modify it? Thanks!

Hydroguy!

You need to talk with Rod Geraghty about one of his carbs. A friend of mine has an OPS with the Geraghty carb in a scale boat. Its easy to tune and performs great.

Later!

Ed Radz

Ed I just mailed out a check for another rossi carb. This one comes from a different seller and he promised for it to fit. It has a barrel carb so hooking it up will be easier. But I wish I would have read this post sooner. I have heard of Geraghty carbs and would have tried one. Just incase I don't like the new carb... how can I get in contact with Rod? Thanks!

Hydroguy!

Rod can be reached at [email protected]. Listen to this guy, he knows a ton. I had a OPS 45 that the stock carb gave me fits. He set me up with a K&B bored to the correct throat size. It worked a whole lot easier then the OPS.

Good Luck!

Ed Radz

Latest posts

Back