How to idenify what props these are

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edwardabele

Hello i have a bunch of props i think are octura but are not marked , how do i figure what size and pitch they are ,most of the larger ones are prather and marked but most ofthe smaller ones are not

Thank you ;Ed

15175281434951934421822.jpg

1517528211621-1912186725.jpg

1517528248045-755541678.jpg

OK Thank you i looked good ,,i will steel wool but i dont think there ,,i am going to have to buy a prop guage ,, i am out here in NJ we dont have alot of boat guys lol ,, i was hoping i could just measure with a micro.

thank you ED

I always admire some people can tell what prop it is just by simply looking at it, without actually checking on the numbers.

We had a older hobby shop and there was a guy there who was like that but like all hobby shops around here ,he went under ,i have to drive 50 miles for a hobby shop ,, sad ,, ok what is a good prop guage to purchase

Ed

Edward,

I could measure them all up and tell you what you have.

As far as a pitch gauge I use three different ones. I like

the Steve Wood pitch gauge for fast and easy numbers.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

You might consider the article Props Part 2 in the April 2014 NAMBA Propwash. It explains propeller geometry and how to measure it with the popular gauges,

Lohring Miller

Lohring I will try to look that up and read up on them ,, I need all the helpi can get here ,, Mark has also offered help ,,Thank you everyone who is helpig me get my boats up and running ,,

thank you Ed Abele

You might consider the article Props Part 2 in the April 2014 NAMBA Propwash. It explains propeller geometry and how to measure it with the popular gauges,

Lohring Miller
LoringI've seen you post about other articles in NAMBA PROPWASH... But does one find these. Not a namba member?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Below is a partial list of articles with where they can be found on line. I only listed a few of the safety articles and did not list any of the old Nationals, SAW, or District 8 articles. You can still find some of the Propwash articles that aren't in the index by directly entering the address. As an example this is the address of the April 2012 Propwash:

http://namba.com/content/library/propwash/2013/October/

The last articles have been written and will be in the next Propwash. Other articles with no location are not available on line any more.

Lohring Miller

• Developing a CMB 35 Record Engine - http://www.modelgasboats.com/magazine/tech-articles-mainmenu-608/244-cmb-35-record-engine
  • Inertial Dynomoter – available at https://www.modelenginebuilder.com/issuefifteen.htm
  • 100 MPH on Water with Electric Power (full size international record setting boat)
  • Zenoah from Stock to Outlaw
  • Gasoline – October 2009 Propwash
  • 2 articles on Mike Bontoft's Dry Martini and the Cowes Torquay offshore race
  • Electric Power for the Topspeed Tunnel
  • The Changing Character of Model Boating (2011)
  • Big End Blues (rod bearing design) – April 2012 Propwash
  • Electrifying Adventures in Scale (1/8 scale nitro to electric conversion) – November 2012 Propwash
  • Tuned Pipe Design Factors – April 2012 Propwash
  • High Power Two Stroke Design (4 part) – starts November 2012 Propwash
  • Low Cost Lathe Digital Read Out
  • Its the Breaks (sport hydro bottom design) – April 2013 Propwash
  • Scaling Up ($ Bill gas scale) – April 2013 Propwash
  • Props (3 part ) starts Oct 2013 Propwash
  • Glow Vs Spark Ignition – April 2014 Propwash
  • Safety Corner on Safety Netting – October 2014 Propwash
  • Zenoah Modifications – October 2015 Propwash
  • Zenoah Porting 101- April 2016 Propwash
  • High Speed Boat Design (3 part) – Starts October 2016 Propwash
  • Electric Power Calculations
  • P Limited Motor Tests (Darin Jordan edited by me)
  • Radio Control Systems – October 2017 Propwash

Thank you i will be looking into these articles ,, I need all the help i can get , i also have Mark S . helping me out, i am shipping alot of props to him

Thanks all

ED

Below is a partial list of articles with where they can be found on line. I only listed a few of the safety articles and did not list any of the old Nationals, SAW, or District 8 articles. You can still find some of the Propwash articles that aren't in the index by directly entering the address. As an example this is the address of the April 2012 Propwash:

http://namba.com/content/library/propwash/2013/October/

The last articles have been written and will be in the next Propwash. Other articles with no location are not available on line any more.

Lohring Miller

• Developing a CMB 35 Record Engine - http://www.modelgasboats.com/magazine/tech-articles-mainmenu-608/244-cmb-35-record-engine
  • Inertial Dynomoter – available at https://www.modelenginebuilder.com/issuefifteen.htm
  • 100 MPH on Water with Electric Power (full size international record setting boat)
  • Zenoah from Stock to Outlaw
  • Gasoline – October 2009 Propwash
  • 2 articles on Mike Bontoft's Dry Martini and the Cowes Torquay offshore race
  • Electric Power for the Topspeed Tunnel
  • The Changing Character of Model Boating (2011)
  • Big End Blues (rod bearing design) – April 2012 Propwash
  • Electrifying Adventures in Scale (1/8 scale nitro to electric conversion) – November 2012 Propwash
  • Tuned Pipe Design Factors – April 2012 Propwash
  • High Power Two Stroke Design (4 part) – starts November 2012 Propwash
  • Low Cost Lathe Digital Read Out
  • Its the Breaks (sport hydro bottom design) – April 2013 Propwash
  • Scaling Up ($ Bill gas scale) – April 2013 Propwash
  • Props (3 part ) starts Oct 2013 Propwash
  • Glow Vs Spark Ignition – April 2014 Propwash
  • Safety Corner on Safety Netting – October 2014 Propwash
  • Zenoah Modifications – October 2015 Propwash
  • Zenoah Porting 101- April 2016 Propwash
  • High Speed Boat Design (3 part) – Starts October 2016 Propwash
  • Electric Power Calculations
  • P Limited Motor Tests (Darin Jordan edited by me)
  • Radio Control Systems – October 2017 Propwash
Thnx Lohring
Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Back