how to flowmeter

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Ray, I have a CMB 67 greenhead in a 1/8th scale formula boat it runs fast but with changing weather conditions I would like to be in range of aux mixture channel no practice at a race. I have a propane flow meter .

Hi Ray, I have a CMB 67 greenhead in a 1/8th scale formula boat it runs fast but with changing weather conditions I would like to be in range of aux mixture channel no practice at a race. I have a propane flow meter .
With a propane meter it's hard to be consistent, have not used one in many moons. Can't even remember the numbers for a 67 motor. They all varied so much from unit to unit. :mellow:

How is a boris meter different is it what is being used now, probably why i got this propane meter so cheep!

5 psi @ 55 on a 90 plus degree day on the flow meter would be a race needle. 5psi @ 40 would be slobbering rich needle

Last edited by a moderator:
5 psi @ 55 on a 90 plus degree day on the flow meter would be a race needle. 5psi @ 40 would be slobbering rich needle
So the base line psi is always 5psi on a propane unit ??

My two cents - after building many of the propane units years ago we found that the 1lb propane tanks just weren't large enough to mantain consistant readings and we started using 5lb & 10lb tanks and we found our reading to be much more consistant and useable. I started checking recently for a source to substitute an air pump for the propane and retro fit one of my old units and use it to compare with my new one from Boris.

Thanks, John

Back