How to degree a motor

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RodneyPierce

Hello all. I was just wondering the process involved in degreeing a motor. Also, where can I get a degree wheel, or can I download one? Also, where do you attach the pointer too, and is 0* at TDC or BDC? Please le tme know step by step. I am looking into tryign to igure out what all my motor has done to it. I would also like to get some stock timing specs of a stock KB 3.5 13mm rotor motor. Thansk in advance, Rodney

Hello all. I was just wondering the process involved in degreeing a motor. Also, where can I get a degree wheel, or can I download one? Also, where do you attach the pointer too, and is 0* at TDC or BDC? Please le tme know step by step. I am looking into tryign to igure out what all my motor has done to it. I would also like to get some stock timing specs of a stock KB 3.5 13mm rotor motor. Thansk in advance, Rodney
You can get one from Hyperformance Products It.s called Deree-it!

16131 Triton, Unit 122

Huntington Beach, CA 92649

741-893--0030

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='boaterbill' date='Apr 28 2006, 08:05 PM'.

Rodney Pierce:" Also, where can I get a degree wheel, "

You can get one from Hyperformance Products It.s called Deree-it!

16131 Triton, Unit 122

Huntington Beach, CA 92649

741-893--0030

Bill

Man! That Post Needs to be Put Up in Lights somewhere,, get people asking for that

all the time.

I have one myself that I use to double check some timings, bought it from "Body Graphic's"

several years ago.

they are handy for checkig rotor timing

i must admit i do still use one when doing cranks in the milling machine

Lucky dawg, I cut my crank window's with a dremel, diamond bit's and

finish up with a hard Arkansas stone,,, done lots of'em, 'bout goin' blind

though. :blink:

Hey Rodney....If you do not want to spend a lot of money, go to your local drug store and purchase 2 plastic protractors(?). They are the do-dads with 0 to 180 degrees on them. Grind the bottom of both so when you glue them together with super glue the 0and 180 degree marks of both protractors are on the same line and make a perfect cicrle of 360 degrees. Then drill a hole in the center. You can attach the pointer(made from a piece of light gauge wire with a point ground on one end) anywhere you can. Not sure about where 0 is(been a while since I fooled with one). Good luck and God bless!

Take a look here; http://rcboat.com/.

Engine program is hard to beat.

Lots of tech info.also.

Back