How my hp is neede to really turn a S-40 ABC

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

hugh hargett

Does anyone have a photo of this prop? The s-30 too.

Last edited:
Hugh,

I have some in stock. They are a little small in diameter for a 101.

It is a pretty nice propeller if you need a lot of accelleration.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
So only one person in IMPBA is familiar with an s40? :blink: Wheres the knowledge?

Hugh,

I have a couple in stock.

Sometimes people order them and never pick them up.

It is a pretty nice propeller if you need a lot of accelleration.

Thanks For The Note, he is a team driver.

Mark Sholund
Hi Mark,

Is that the one that Andy Brown did when he was at Tidewater? I have it in the 4 blade version but not the 2. It's hard to read the hub for sure but I think it says S40

Thanks, John

Hey Mr. Beardslee, Thanks for checking in I was just trying to get an idea of the performace of this prop as its on the IMPBA website as a good prop for a large rigger soo.......

pming AB has zero to do with MS dont want folks thinking I have issue with MS I do not. AB freely converses with me. I also love it when you come around coz the info is always great as well. Just wanting to know a little more about the prop before someones trying to sell me one.

Hugh,

Last edited:
Hi Hugh,

The props I have are the 4 bladed ones. From looking at the ABC website in the legacy series, the ones I have must be the S30-4. The index of each blade is off ie: not 90degrees to one another and each blade checks a different pitch. I think I saw Marty Davis and Mark Grannis playing with one at the Brandon race before I left FL. Marty may be able to shed more light on what applications they'd work on.

Thanks, John

Hugh,

They run the S-30/4 on a 67 hydro and a few gas boats.

They are not a very high quality propeller as far as the blade lengths

are concerned. I have a few in stock that someone ordered awhile back.

We used to run them on Brian's 67 R/R when he lived here in MIchigan.

I can give you actual pitch and cup numbers if you are interested?

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

I have a 4 blade that I received with an OPS90 powered Seaducer. 70+ MPH fast, but didn't handle well enough for hear racing. Mine has been very much thinned and heat treated (rings)

BTW, I just picked up a 1.01RS poweres 44" 'ducer. I will try my S40 on it. SHould have plenty o'HP. The baot came with a Sholund prepped X470 that I can compare the S40 against. See pic below.

Jon,

That S-30 will not be enough propeller for a good 101 motor.

The X-467 or X-470 will be a rocket on that set up though.

Have Fun Testing,

Mark

ABC S 30 4-BLADE DIA 60.20 DIA INCHES 2.37 PITCH RATIO 1.90 PITCH MM 114.30 PITCH INCHES 4.500 SHAFT .250

ABC S 40 3- BLADE DIA 61.00 DIA INCHES 2.40 PITCH RATIO 2.17 PITCH MM 132.06 PITCH INCHES 5.200 SHAFT .250

Joe,

Those numbers are not very accurate to the S-30/4's that I have in

Stock. The 101 will pull them with ease, not enough blade diameter

For a good 101.

Thanks,

Mark

The S-40/3 blade is a trimmed up 2167/3. The only time I actually ran one was on a twin picco 90. They ran about 92 mph on the first pass, then lost a shaft or prop, don't remember which. It could actually be a good twin 101 prop for heat racing.

The S-30/4 blade was two 67 X 114 stuck together (1667's). Definately not a pretty prop, but it does work fine. I tried it on a single 90 rigger, but no real speed.

Back