How much fuel for a heat race?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnrcboatracer

Supporting Member
AFter running a tpical race, m SD3/MAC84 still seems to have a ton of fuel left in it. It came with a 24oz main tank w/ a 2oz sump. 26oz seems like a lot of fuel, but is it really? Hom much fuel (50% nitro) do you guys run through your CMB/MAC 80 motors in a typical heat race (10~11 laps with mill)?

Last edited by a moderator:
my 42" seaducer with a cmb 90 holds the same amount of fuel as you mentioned and i run namba 5 lap mains and 3/4 mills and usually burn just under 1/2 tank of 50%. i think seaducer does that for weight up under the bow, when i am practicing i can tell when the tank is getting low on how the hull rides. at calm race sites i may only put 3/4 of a tank in.

john virgalla

I'm running the same set up as you are with a Andy brown mod Mac 84. I go out at about two min. I end up with a little less then half a tank when done.

AFter running a tpical race, m SD3/MAC84 still seems to have a ton of fuel left in it. It came with a 24oz main tank w/ a 2oz sump. 26oz seems like a lot of fuel, but is it really? Hom much fuel (50% nitro) do you guys run through your CMB/MAC 80 motors in a typical heat race (10~11 laps with mill)?
We raced 16oz & 2oz sump tank in 60/80 mono`s for ever & had 6-8oz fuel left over. Then came along the Seaducer tank trays & a set up sheets. Now it would be wise to Practice like you race. Throw in & run 3-4 mill laps Then run it hard for 6 laps.(trimming your boat for race condiitons) Then come it & check the amount of unburned fuel. This extra fuel is acting as ballast in the boat & does effect your total CG. I see many times people adjusting the strut when the boat was set up correctly untill the weight of the fuel was completely gone. Then it is way too loose. Sometimes we thrown in very late in a Windy lake condition or a 8 boat heat to keep all of the fuel we can in the bow of the boat for weight. Now if you are atttempting SAW or 2 laps event You would want much less fuel in the tank. I have seen jerry pump the tank full then back out the fuel to the lower part of the stopper in the large tank if he dont plan to be on the water very many laps. Hope this helps... jw

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back