How do you block certain users from posting in your threads?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Luszcz

Vendor
Like the title says, I need to block a user from posting in my current and future threads. Any help would be great. Thanks, Mike

Go into your "My Settings"

Click on "profile"

last choice on the left " Manage Ignored users"

OR even shorter,

under your name (top right) "manage ignored user" should be there.

add the desired user to your list and check one or both boxes, than save changes.

Dan.

Last edited by a moderator:
That just stops you from seeing the post doesn't it? They can still post so others can see it.

Can't do of on any forum site that I know of but in the meantime you're just going to have to put up with with Dan, Mike, Jeff and me! :D

I know of a few members here though that would really like to that feature if it was available.

Yeah, I have a guy that keeps coming on my framing kit threads, and ALWAYS has something negative to say, when everyone else is overjoyed. It just gets old and he is helping nothing out! Thanks for your help guys, Mike

Keep up the great work Mike!!!!

BTW, The ignore list is a great thing. I have about 10 names on the list over at Jim's. It has made the forum a much nicer place. ;)

Some threads there is nothing to read now.LOL

Now if they could just fix it so you don't see the posts of the "ignored" when they are quoted, it would be perfect.

Doug

If you have an ongoing problem with one member then take it to the powers that be on this site and let them take care of it. Report the posting and they can delete it if they feel it's warranted or go the extra mile and ban the person if he's a constant problem.

Well, its more of just a constant "I know how to do this better than you, you should have done it differently" type stuff. I don't know of a post yet he has made on my threads that were fully positive. There is ALWAYS something that could be done better. Its just gotten old. Maybe if he would finish one of his own builds instead of only talking about the right way to do someone elses boat, I could take him more seriously. People in the Washington State area that are on the full size race hydroplane teams say he is a troll, comes around the docks and acts like a know it all in person..TO THE RACE TEAM CREWS!!!!! haha, Mike

There's always going to be a mixed bag of people and opinions no matter where you go and people are going to say things. I was always told go ahead and let them speak but what they speak you still have a choice to accept it or not. It is THEIR reputation in the community that they are forming when they speak or ask questions, and if your on the right side of things...more than likely most everyone else is too and they can see through that kind of BS so I wouldnt let any of that bother you. It is their reputation at stake when they open their mouth, not yours ~ and if they have anything positive to say ~ even better.

more than likely if the guy has been on the boards for any amount of time, most people probably have him on ignore already.

If you have an ongoing problem with one member then take it to the powers that be on this site and let them take care of it. Report the posting and they can delete it if they feel it's warranted or go the extra mile and ban the person if he's a constant problem.
good luck with that.. things move slow around here or nothing is done at all..if it who I think it is,he's been troubles on RCU too.

Well, its more of just a constant "I know how to do this better than you, you should have done it differently" type stuff. I don't know of a post yet he has made on my threads that were fully positive. There is ALWAYS something that could be done better. Its just gotten old. Maybe if he would finish one of his own builds instead of only talking about the right way to do someone elses boat, I could take him more seriously. People in the Washington State area that are on the full size race hydroplane teams say he is a troll, comes around the docks and acts like a know it all in person..TO THE RACE TEAM CREWS!!!!! haha, Mike
Sounds like you over on the outboard thread nova rossi rod split.

Back