HobbyKing selling my stolen design for $40

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom, I can help you draw up another set of plans of a rigger that I guarantee will not work. Let them copy and sell that one.

I even know someone that we could name it after. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Talking about PAYBACK!!!!!

Charles

HK is not the only company selling these kind of kits. They appear all over the internet. I do like their prices on batteries. For those that do not race and just play around with electrics it is a great alternititve. However I hate seeing copies of known good products cloned and cheaply made. It does hurt the local hobby shops. 75% of all I buy still comes from my LHS.

Tom, now you know how that guy feels who designed that flying hydro! He put the plans online and within 2 weeks the Chinese were pumping out really bad copies of it. The only good that came out of it was that Air Hogs hired him!

Ni hao, Keyi bang ni ma? (Hello, May I help you?) in Chinese.

Tom, I think this will be the first Chinese phrase you will have to learn when Hobby King hires

you into the customer service department.

Just trying to help you out.

Marty

Last edited by a moderator:
Ask HONDA small engines division if China cares if they copy something. China cloned the 6.5 hp engine, the 11hp engine, and the 13hp engine. An exact copy for 4 years before China was finally made to change the design. Think Harbor freight sold this clone 6.5 for $129 (down to $79.99 on sidewalk sale days) and Honda's retail is $329 for the engine. I can confirm the parts a 100% interchangeable and as reliable as the Honda. Really its kinda sad cause the Chinese don't give 2 hoots about copyrights. Good luck suing them also they don't recognize the rest of the worlds rights and law put into place to help control things like this.

I can also confirm the guy with the Flying Hydro I was one of the first to get the plans and build it before he got mad and pulled it down, then got hired on and designed a few AirHogs RC planes and what not before he got tired of there poo also.

umm thats a GENERIC hydro.if thats the case lets complain about a certain people copying the original pinkert coyote n callin it a r#%%$#% and then "everybody" copying that n calling them all sorts of names,most of em in the last few years been gassers .they all look identical but have flat bottoms and different cowls.but u always recognize the coner cut off sponsons. thats why the smart manufacturers have a new "version" every year-no different jus a slight "look" change on the deck that throws off the copy-cats. who gonna buy the copy of the "old" one wen a new one is out? just roll with the punches.

Latest posts

Back