HOBART 2012

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stu, I heard from a lot of people that wished that there was a way to get more heats in but with the weather and amount of carnage (mostly weather-related) took a lot of valuable time.

What your plan is for next year should be interesting; maybe add a day (most of us have the whole week off anyway) or cut some classes which I'd hate to see.

Racing or spectating, I'll be there regardless.

I really had a great time. The Indy Club does a great job and the City of Hobart is terrific.

After spending what seemed like a 1/2 hour under David Hall's pop up tent Sunday watching rain coming down in buckets, I don't think this Puget Sound Drizzle is all that bad.

Hopefully I'll be able to return next year. And thanks to some awfully bad luck by most of those in 20 Sport Hydro, I can cross winning a "Green Jacket" off my bucket list. :D

JD

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that was FUN. Congrats the the Indy Club and the City of Hobart, you guys know how to do it right!!

The Clock Tower trophy made it to the Lone Star State late last night and is now enjoying some Southern Hospitality.
Buck, and others, is the clock tower trophy a perpetual trophy, or is it yours?

Saw the pictures of you receiving it,,, it is a very nice piece of hardware, congrats buddy

Rick,

The Clock tower is a very special award. I won it the first year, now you pretty much have to race a twin to win it. (you need that 4th round to get enough points)

The fella that built it was the local dentist for years in Hobart, He hand built the thing.. Fantastic job!

Grim

Rick,

The Clock tower is a very special award. I won it the first year, now you pretty much have to race a twin to win it. (you need that 4th round to get enough points)

The fella that built it was the local dentist for years in Hobart, He hand built the thing.. Fantastic job!

Grim
So, it is a perpetual trophy,, passed on year to year

Stu, I heard from a lot of people that wished that there was a way to get more heats in but with the weather and amount of carnage (mostly weather-related) took a lot of valuable time.

What your plan is for next year should be interesting; maybe add a day (most of us have the whole week off anyway) or cut some classes which I'd hate to see.

Or cut the little .12 boats that they spent more time picking up with the retrieve boat than racing them.

Or cut the little .12 boats that they spent more time picking up with the retrieve boat than racing them.
This should start an interesting discussion. :eek:

JD

A four day race would be fine with me. We'd be sure to get in 4 rounds.

I'd rather do that than cut any classes.

Al Hobbs

I would like to thank the Indy club and the city of Hobart for one of the best races in the country. Kenny

Now Eric, maybe you are just jealous of the .12 riggers getting premo treatment from the retrieval boat. After all, your Sport 40 didn't get that privilege all week!

That's a very impressive job you did with that Orange rocket.

Bring a rigger next year and I will team up with you in the Size Matter Challenge!

True Ray. Even the .21's and .45's were having problems with the water at that time. Later on even the big gas and nitro boats were going slow around the course the chop was so bad as at became a battle for survival. Stu was ready to throw Benjamin's around if any heat would finish without sending out the retrieve boat!

True Ray. Even the .21's and .45's were having problems with the water at that time. Later on even the big gas and nitro boats were going slow around the course the chop was so bad as at became a battle for survival. Stu was ready to throw Benjamin's around if any heat would finish without sending out the retrieve boat!
Did you miss the full heat of scale boats that dnf, It was rough water at times.

This is the Hydro bible belt... You could go to hell for saying that! lol

Grim

And nitro belt also! They believe that gas is for getting to and from the races and lawn equipment.

This is the Hydro bible belt... You could go to hell for saying that! lol

Grim
Now there's a religion I can embrace .lol

Tim

Back