Hi ! From the New guy

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eustis

Hi to all, I'm very pleased to be posting here for the first time. I've been reading alot of old posts and this seems to be the best forum around to get expert info on electric setups. I'll give you a little background on my RC Boating experience with gas and electric. I've had one gas cat built for me by XXXBoatworks of Florida ,(you can see the build process on Jim Boatdock under- My first Cat being built- in the gallery section, around page 2 or 3)also soon to be in ModelGasBoat.com . I've never raced or even operated a RC boat. I am disabled and this hobbie brings me alot of pleasure from the forums to researching different ideas and ways to build. I've been to a few racer and have joined a local club & NAMBA (member #855) and look forward to helping out where ever and when ever I can.

My Barcadi Silver Cat will soon be shipped to me in Maine and will then be put up for sale to make room and supplie extra funds for my next project . A 92" Cat from Hanspeter :) I want to go all out on this project with twin 3080 Lehner motors , Schulze 40-160 speed controlls and 72 cells Lipo Batteries. This is going to be a long term project so i'm sure this forum will come in handy with answering my questions (please disregard stupid questions) :huh: To answer a previous post on how much a 3080 setup weights, I was told by Chris Fine of FIREFOX Fine Design that a single setup weights approx 11lbs with Lipo's. I'll be trying to keep the weight of my project to under 50lbs. I will be using Curt Conrads Victory Cat as an example of quility to go by. Thanks for your time and I'm looking forward to getting started. :rolleyes:

Tim

Welcome to the world of R/C Boating Tim!

That should be an interesting project.

What are you looking to get out of the bacardi silver cat?
I haven't got the final build cost in from XXXBoatworks yet :unsure: ,so I'm not sure as to what to ask. I will be taken offers and if that doesn't work out I'll try the ebay route :rolleyes: I have alot of funds tied up in the Bacardi Silver over $3000. I went with the best of everything and went outside the box with the alot of the build process, whoever ends up with her should win lots of best of Show :)

Back