Hey Rodney P.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Rodney, The package is coming US Postal, "Confirmation" mail, you gonna have to sign for it,,

Are you going to be around that address you gave me about Tuesday or Wednesday?

Also the Propshaft nut is a "M4" metric ny-loc nut,, I just got 4 outa "Ace Hardware",, 25 cents each
Jerry, i wont be around, as I work late every nite. I usually work untill 5:30 or 6:00. I will however be able to have my GF pic it up at the PO the day after it gets delivered, all I have to do is sign her as my agent, and she will be able to pick it up for me. Thanks agian man, and I just did a TON more work to the TS2; it isnt even the same boat, all new sponson bottoms, straightened out the sides of the sponsons. The tunnel is abit narower now, as they were out by atleast a 1/8 inch on each side. Tunnel is now 7 inches wide, but should work alright. look forward to getting this motor on her next weekend and seeing how she runs.

The motor should bolt right-up to the inserts you have in the boat now (inch and a half spread)

with the Octura mount thats on the TT. You can do "one" interesting thing with adjustments

on each side-of-the-pin,, Very interesting ;)

My O.S.30VG atop a TT lower is Good to Go. One-off SPP Pipe (Thanks Dave & Tim),

it's has a 1445 prop that I tried my hand (again) at cuttin' up & bendin' @ 42.4mm diameter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice... let us know how it runs :) BTW Jerry I got a x640 that just finished sharpening and balancing.. gave me a little trouble to balance bu I got it.. so I'm going to try that tomorrow let's see what it does compared to the 215... bet Im going to be changing lots of things :)

That's great Tim :D "V-GER Requires Release Of The Information" :lol: :lol:

Formally named "The Bride of Frankenstien" by KB,, I renamed her "V-GER" of

Star Trek "The Movie",, cute lil machine, don't 'cha think? :)

I didn't go out to run'er over the weekend, 100 plus degree weather put a stop

to that. I'm gunna run'er on Devils lake, right near me,, touted as

"The Worlds Fastest Lake",,, it's where APBA set's they're records.

That's great Tim :D "V-GER Requires Release Of The Information" :lol: :lol:

Formally named "The Bride of Frankenstien" by KB,, I renamed her "V-GER" of

Star Trek "The Movie",, cute lil machine, don't 'cha think? :)

I didn't go out to run'er over the weekend, 100 plus degree weather put a stop

to that. I'm gunna run'er on Devils lake, right near me,, touted as

"The Worlds Fastest Lake",,, it's where APBA set's they're records.
Jerry, thats awesome! Good luck pal and let us know how the beast runs!

It's looking good Jerry... I'm sure the outcome will be positive :)

I have just one question... Is there a prop nut on the propeller? Can't really tell from the pic :)

Javier

It's looking good Jerry... I'm sure the outcome will be positive :)

I have just one question... Is there a prop nut on the propeller? Can't really tell from the pic :)

Javier
Yeah, it's on there,, prop nut is actually on backwards with the Ny-Loc side on first due

to the length of the 1445 hub.

Howdy, VGER ran after work yesterday on Devils Lake, it was windy , so I used a ski-boat

to find a spot on the lake to run right from the boat.

First couple launches VGER jumped outa the water like a Marlin,

but once underway it behaved much like a .21 was on there.

The exhaust note is much different from a .21,, it sounds more like a 7.5 with the header

coupler coming loose. Some sorta silencer will be a must on that motor before racing.

After several rich runs you could hear it wanting to get-up and go in the corners,

and finally it did.

It would take off real strong but would "lay down" like it was going lean, it wasn't lean, but rich.

The stinger is .300 ID and I think it's acting as a "choke",, upping the fuel pressure.

I think I'll try drilling a couple holes right before the stinger in the convergence cone

before I do major surgery installing a new stinger. (later, opened stinger up to .320"

Saturday nite, try again Sunday eve)

I would estimate the speed close to 55mph before it layed down,,

it's gunna be fast once this is worked out.

(I used one K&B1L for almost a half gallon of 60%fuel used)

JW

I know there is a few that have an interest in this project and I have some good news.

Opening the stinger to .320" was the ticket,, I also lengthened the pipe to 9.5+ inches

and that can be shortened now that there has been plenty of break-in.

The rpms increased with every tank with the same needle setting.

It's still slightly rich as you can hear a crackle in the straights now and then. The engine

has a fair amount of balls and it just eats the course with the 42.5mm X645. It could

use allot more pitch too,,, 2.8" would be just about right.

The Lynx/ O.S. 30VG/TT lower was "Pure Joy" to run and the Lynx handled it all Very Well!

Awesome Boat Carl! It is truely an amazing boat.

I'm already at the speed of my fastest mod Tiger and there is a Bunch of speed left in that motor.

Riggermortise & TimD,, The pipe is right on as things are right now,, just the stinger ID dia had to

be increased,, THANK YOU BOTH! You solved a Huge problem for me in short order and I appreciate

it Very Much.

I'm Very Happy with it all :D ,, it's Real Fun to operate a good running motor for a change.

I even had a good swim after I blew it off in the RH corner,, my boating bud (Jim Hill) had

taken the chase boat on a weekend camping trip,,

Oh, and Jim, you're in big friggin' trouble in "Open Tunnel" :lol: :p

JW

I made another one,, I know it looks like the rest but this one is an Ofna Hyper.21

I'm calling this one "The KB Special" cause Kevin B built one first.

Haven't ran it yet but will let cha know how it goes :)

I made another one,, I know it looks like the rest but this one is an Ofna Hyper.21

I'm calling this one "The KB Special" cause Kevin B built one first.

Haven't ran it yet but will let cha know how it goes :)
SAWEET!!! Glad to see yah still kicking and busy Jerry! Keep up the good work pal, will look for you later this winter, or early next year for a few more goodies :D

Yeah Rodney, I have to create a good realiable 3.5 tunnel motor for next season.

Something that will be consistant like the OS 30 woud be great!

The Ofna has a perdy good head button as it comes, nice bubble/squish ratio

with slightly over .19cc volume with angled squish.

It has some odd ball timings in stock form, 122deg side transfers, 124deg boost,

158deg exhaust and 200deg total open induction.

I changed these to 128 trans, 130 boost(with sleeve shim), 178deg Ex (cut)

and opened the crank only 4deg for now.

I installed a removable 4-40 socket head screw in the counter bored crankpin

but found out the rod will still come off with screw installed, Yippee! :lol:

I got this with an O.S.30 car engine on a TT lower, course it is only at the Club level, so far :)

Yo Jim!, Yes, the TT has a set of "spiral bevel" gears that are in the lower. One gear

is actually connected to the PTO shaft and the other gear is in the lower unit.

There's nuthin' special about the "PRO" distinction,, they always have had that name

stamped right on the case and they have always had the "PRO-21M-OB" printed

on every box that they came in. In other words, there's nuthin' new about'em,

same O/B motor, basically.

Jerry

Back